You must have landed to this page for finding the best 17 Inches laptop under 1000 dollars. Below we’ve discussed top models from different companies with reviews, key specifications, pros and cons for each laptop. Moreover, you’ll also find Editor’s verdict at the last of this article in which recommendations are shared for people with different needs. So, you can pick the best one as per your requirement in less than 1000 bucks very easily and quickly.
While the flare of portability and compactness has overpowered the entire society in all walks of life, there still remains a considerable population of people that can’t refuse to accept large equipment because of their heightened capabilities.
Laptops, nowadays are a symbol of compact PC experience and the majority looks for small-sized ones that are easier to carry but one simply cannot negate the existing popularity of 17’’ display laptops. So why are they still out there?
Who Needs 17 Inches Laptop?
The customer pool of 17’’ laptops is crowded with gamers, designers, photographers or people who work on stationary workstations. A gamer, for instance, requires a large display for viewing the landscape and aiming at their opponents better in a shooting game.
The designers and photographers require a massive field of view too, to explore every tiny detail and room for improvement; the designers, specifically, need a vast screen so they can properly confirm the colors and pixels won’t distort when get printed on signboards and banners.
The last component of people; the office workers can pretty much afford a large laptop resting on their tables with all the features of a full-sized PC. If you are a frequent traveler, that’s when these 17’’ ones won’t work well for you. They would be difficult to carry and be problematic for storage.
Best 17 Inch Laptops Under 1000 Dollars
Buying the best budget 17-inch laptop can be a time-consuming phase because there is so much variety available on the Amazon, but we are here to help you escape from all that buzz. This article would be discussing the top models that you can buy within a budget of $1000.
Check out the list below for best 17″ Laptops under 1000$
1. Dell Inspiron 17 5000 – Best 17 Inch Laptop Under 1000
The Inspiron series of Dell have gathered a fair share of popularity among all races of customers. The 17 5000 model is another to brag about. It has a full HD 17.3’’ LED screen which is anti-glare. The laptop weighs only 6 pounds and is lighter than its competitors.
- 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display, DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- Upgrade Your RAM and Hard Drive up to 32G DDR4, 1TB SSD for Your Desired Specs
- 8th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7-8550U Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)
- HD Webcam, Waves MaxxAudio Pro, 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1, 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x Combination Audio Jack, 1x RJ-45 Ethernet LAN
- Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Backlit Keyboard, AMD Radeon 530 with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics
With its 8th Generation Intel Quad-core i7-8550U processor that has a frequency of 1.8 GHz, but can be boosted all the way up to 4Ghz, allows this to be used for multiple operations like doing the normal office work or operating powerful software or even playing heavy video games.
The memory can be upgraded to 32 GB DDR4 depending on how you need it; another cool feature. This customizable option comes across quite a favorite for the customers.
It has storage of 1TB and a battery life of 5 hours. You can use it comfortably during a long journey without worrying about the power drain.
The Graphic processor of 4 GB Radeon and contains 3 USB ports, 1 HDMI port and an Ethernet LAN port for complete accessibility. It comes with Windows 10 and a backlit keyboard which is fun to use.
2. HP Pavilion 17z – Slimmest 17 Inch Laptop
This model of HP gives an entirely different look than the Dell Inspiron. It is a 1’’ thin, sleek laptop with plastic-infused 3D metal body which makes it look classy.
- Manufacturer (Certified) Refurbished with 90 day HP Warranty (Extended Warranty Plans Available Directly from HP).
- Only 1-inch Thin; Windows 10-64bit; AMD A9-9425 Dual-Core (3.1 GHz, up to 3.7 GHz, 1MB cache)+AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
- 8GB DDR4 System Memory (1 Dimm); 1TB Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart; Optical Drive: Super Multi DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support; HP TrueVision HD Camera with Digital Microphone
- 17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900); Dual speakers; Full-size island-style keyboard with numeric keypad; Touchpad supporting multi-touch gesture support
- Gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet Lan (RJ-45 connector); 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 combo; Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 independent headphone/microphone combo; 1 RJ-45; 1 USB 2.0; 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only)
HP Pavilion 17z includes the Lift Hinge which is a rear extension that mounts the laptop at a slanting height to provide a user-friendly typing experience and decent air flows to prevent overheating. But this machine is more than just looks.
It contains an AMD A9-9425Dual-Core 3.1GHz processor which can be customized to 3.7 GHz depending on your usage. Playing a game that requires more processing speed or working on designing software that runs slow on a normal machine; just upgrade the processor and voila, there you are.
This HP Pavilion 17z is equipped with 8 GB RAM and storage of 1TB to save your files and software. The 17.3’’ HD screen is a necessity which is inherited by the Pavilion series.
The exciting feature is the new Wide Vision Webcam camera that captures a vast field of view so while you are video chatting with your family members away from home or giving an online job interview, you can get a wider view of what is going on. Coupled with it is a digital microphone for decent audio quality.
Another cool feature is the number of ports on this machine. It comes with an ETHERNET LAN, Media Card Reader, HDMI, 3 USB, and 1 RJ-45 port. In terms of accessibility and connectivity, it is a supreme laptop.
The Super Multi DVR ROM comes with Double Layer support as well. HP claims it to have a battery timing of 10 hours, but we cannot hear ear to ear with it. The reviews, although suggesting a healthy, 5 hours battery timing which is pretty impressive.
3. DELL G3 – Best 17 Inch Gaming Laptop Under $1000
If you are a gaming enthusiast, then here we reviewed one of the best laptops for gaming under 1000 dollars for you: the DELL G3.
- You can Choose your Storage Style 1) HDD Only 2) SSD Only 3) SSD (Boot) + HDD ***Solid State Drives (128GB 256GB 512GB 1TB SSD) has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times and data access, no noise, and reduced heat production and power draw on the battery ***Hard Disk Drive (500GB 1TB 2TB HDD) can Holds your growing collection of digital photos, music and videos.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8300H Processor (Hexa-Core, 9MB Cache, 2.3GHz Up To 4.0GHz), 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB GDDR5
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 5.0, 802.11ac, Media Card Reader, Waves MaxxAudio Pro, Stereo Speakers, Webcam
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combo Headphone/Microphone Jack, 1 x RJ-45
- Customize Your RAM From 4GB 8GB 12GB 16GB 32GB, Windows 10 Home, 4-Cell Lithium-Ion, 7.2 lbs, Backlit Keyboard, Black
If you are eying for a gaming laptop that is cheap, contain good looks and excellent in performance, then you’re committing a mistake. Because there is a tradeoff and you’ve to compensate for one thing. All the compensation, however, of this model falls on the looks.
With a plastic body and giant bezels, it may be not one of the classiest machines to look at but with a blue pinstripe design and blue lighting on the keypad, you can convincingly depict it to your friends without being embarrassed.
Dell G3 weighs around 6 pounds and features one of the most subtle user-friendly keyboards. The keys are firm and satisfying and the layout is of the highest quality. You can use the control keys easily for hours without being ached or pained.
The screen is a 1920x1080IPS display so you can pretty much do any sort of gaming on it with precise video performance.
The Hard Drive is 128GB SSD so you don’t have to worry about the storage of your huge games collection.
It has a great 2.3GHz processor that can be uplifted to 4.0GHz. This model offers the users a choice of their storage: SSD, HDD or both. The start-up time is pretty fast and causes no frustration.
Dell G3 comes with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU with 4 GB of VRAM, so you can run any game smoothly.
But if you get a good gaming laptop of 17 inch screen in less than $1000, you can live with some demerits. Can’t you!
4. LENOVO Idealpad 330 – Best 17 Inch Laptop With Backlit Keyboard
This model is another that fits right in the list of best 17 Inch Laptops under 1000. With above par performance attributes for a laptop in less than $600, this is elegantly manufactured model produced by Lenovo.
- 17.3" HD+ LED Backlight (1600 x 900) Display; Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U Processor 1.6GHz(4 Cores, 6M Cache, up to 3.40GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive+256GB SSD, No Optical DVD Drive
- Intel Wireless-AC WLAN + Bluetooth , 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C; 1x HDMI; 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack, Supports SD, MultiMediaCard, SDHC and SDXC memory card formats.
- Windows 10 Home , 2-cell up to 5-hours Battery Life, Color: Onyx Black
Although, it is entirely plastic-made, but doesn’t give a hint of being cheap, such as the build of this machine: smooth edges and perfect finish.
It contains an 8th Gen i5-8520U 1.6 GHz processor which can be upgraded to 3.4 GHz. It is the same processor that you can have in a $1200 ThinkPad so what more does one need. Right!
RAM is 8 GB which is particularly helpful and a 1 TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive. You can easily add the extra 256 GB with the SSD. The keyboard is worthy of being appreciated; the keys can be pressed with just the right amount of force and are not stiff at all.
There is no backlighting, but who cares for them in a cheap laptop. The Graphics card it comes with is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 which will enable the gamers to play demanding games fluently.
Further features include the modern 4.1 Bluetooth which provides a versatile tool for fast accessibility, in addition to the 3 USB ports among which two are 3.0 and one is 3.0 Type C.
The battery life is claimed to be 5 hours but has been experienced to be 3.5 hours by the customers which prove to be a bit of a deal breaker. If you are an office worker with a regular electricity supply, this won’t be much of a problem, but if you want to travel with this laptop and do your important assignments or other tasks, it may trouble you.
The bottom line is if you know how to put in the right amount of effort and up gradation in this laptop, it would become supreme; not that much on its own.
5. LENOVO IdeaPad Y700 – Best 17 Inch Gaming Laptop Under 1000 Dollars
While gaming is a free-time activity for many, it is a passion for some too. This laptop offers them a comprehensive gaming experience at an affordable price of less than $1000. It might not fulfill their every dream, but it surely over-delivers in terms of the charged money. If your budget is low then you can consider these cheap gaming laptops all under 500 dollars.
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor, 2.6GHz
- 17.3" LED-Lit, FHD, anti-glare, IPS display, 1920x1080 resolution
- 16GB RAM, 1TB 5400RPM HDD + 128GB SSD
- Discrete Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB
- Windows 10
With a 2.6 GHz i7 6700HQ Processor, many demanding games can run smoothly without any hitches and it boots in seconds.
It comes with style too. The classic black and red color scheme is infused in the laptop and has aluminum panels. It weighs 7.7 pounds, which is a bit on the heavier side than the DELL Insiprion 15 and DELL G3.
The screen offers a healthy 1920×1080 resolution and is claimed to be anti-glare, however, you can see your misty reflection in the screen when the room dazzles with light. The color range has been tested by some experts and found that it is above average and the screen is bright with accurate colors. You can watch movies the way they are meant to be seen!
The keyboard is backlit with a dark red color that looks stunning and has a good travel distance of 1.8mm but consistent typing may be uncomfortable on this laptop because it requires a little bit of more force than usual. The 16 GB RAM and NVIDIA GTX 960M GPU work coherently to provide for smooth gaming.
The storage has been compensated by 1TB HDD and 128 GB SSD and together with the fast processor; you can work on any designing or modeling software. Daily tasks like office work and web browsing, don’t even pose a hint of a problem for the Y700 laptop.
The speakers are placed on both sides and give good audio quality. You even have the option of Dolby Audio App.
The ports are pretty standard, but the battery timing is 4 hours, which is less, but again, if a gaming laptop, this has to be born.
6. LENOVO Business Laptop – Best 17 Inch Business Laptop Under $500
This model, although claims to be best for business work but have the ability to be a multi-tasker. Adorned with a long list of effective features, this machine can provide ease to an office worker, a student or a gamer, all at the same time.
- Powered by 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U processor along with plenty of 12GB DDR4 memory, you'll get lightning-fast responsiveness and reliable performance. Run multiple programs simultaneously, and transition seamlessly between web tabs - you'll be able to multitask with ease.
- Brilliant Resolution on a 17" Display The IdeaPad 320 offers HD+ 1600 x 900 resolution on a 17" display, with anti-glare technology. You'll enjoy true visual clarity when you watch movies, browse the web, and more.
- 1TB hard drive stores your songs, documents, programs and preferences.Redesigned Touchpad, for Improved Responsiveness We redesigned the touchpad on the IdeaPad 320, for a better user experience with multifinger gestures. Touch, click and zoom - you'll feel the difference.
- Wireless-AC (802.11ac) for high-performance, cable-free networking. Access wireless networks to share files, surf the Web and exchange e-mail. Fully compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n. Wired networking is also supported. Plays and burns DVDs and CDs.
- Windows 10 system Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology. Permits short-range wireless data transfers at up to 30' with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as smartphones, speakers and printers.
It is lined with a swift if-7200u processor and a 12 GB DDR4 RAM that ensures that you get a lighting response during the installation of windows, viewing multiples files, accessing various web pages or crafting your way through modeling and designing software. There will be little or no delay between the transitions of one program to another.
It offers a flawless 1600×900 resolution display with up-to-date anti-glare technology so that you have a soothing movie experience under any lighting conditions. Had it been touch sensitive, the world of wholesomeness would have been achieved.
The storage capacity is at par as well: A 1TB which is enough to store all your media files, business documents, photos and software data. The keyboard is well placed but a little bit too soft. The travel distance is fine but you occasionally tend to touch two buttons together while typing.
The touchpad is quite responsive to multi-finger gestures. Enjoy the functions of touch, click, rotate and zoom using your fingers.
It is embellished with wireless AC (802.11ac) which carries the capability of fast wireless networking. Send your files from one computer to another easily. It is particularly helpful for students and office workers who have to share the same files to multiple people. Forget the USBs and enjoy this cool feature.
Moreover, the audio quality is also decent. The edges of the panels are smooth and it contains a functional DVD ROM that can play and burn your CDs and DVDs.
Equipped with Windows 10 and all the available ports, this would have come across you as an all-rounder. The keyboard is not backlit and the battery timing is 5 hours which have been reported to decrease with time. But it doesn’t decline more than 4 hours which is pretty satisfying.
7. MSI GL73 8RD-282 – The Best 17″ Gaming Laptop Under $1200
Another hard-core laptop which provides a sensational gaming experience, effectual office work and unproblematic software running: a complete package in all terms.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H six Core Processor (9MB Cache, 2.2Ghz-4.1GHz) 45W
- Ram: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz | Hard Drive: 1TB 7200Rpm Hard Disk Drive
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
- Display: 17.3" Full HD 120Hz 3ms Wide view 94%NTSC Color Anti-Glare Display (1920 x 1080)
- Wireless: 802.11 AC wireless with Bluetooth 5
Have had of two cores for smooth running? Well, not anymore!
It comes with the cutting edge 8th Gen i7-8750U six-core processor which gives 20% better performance than the previous generations and similar dual-core machines. The 2.2 GHz processor can be uplifted to 4.1 GHz for lightning speed.
The 8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz RAM means a superior bandwidth that ensures the loading is quite speedy. It can load multiple applications at the same time and one can impeccably shift from one window to another without any delay of seconds.
Now, probably MSI believed gaming to be worship or their customers demanded a monster gaming laptop; whatever the reason may be, they have fulfilled it with charm. A 4 GB NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti GPU which is featured with the latest Game Ready technology accommodates for a highly competitive gaming experience.
The GPU causes the laptop to power up its performance during the gameplay and make sure that the user comes across no hitch or delay. It does, also, much to the excitement of the gamers, come with Nvidia Ansel technology by which you can take professional game photos.
As for the display, it is no less. The 17.3’’ screen has a 120 Hz gaming display with 3ms refresh rate which is invincible. The general 60 Hz display can also be selected from the settings. It also has a blood-red lit keyboard and the keys offer tactile feedback.
BE it the extensive typing work or the use of gaming control keys, it has it all covered superbly. Other alluring features include a “Dragon Centre” which is a system information display GUI that has a clear language, prominent system information and detectable one-click fee up memory to increase the response of the machine.
And a ‘Gaming Mode’ that auto-tunes the laptop according to the requirements of the game you are playing. The list just unfolds further. It contains 4 USB ports, one port for an external microphone, HDMI, mDP and a LAN port. You think of it. The laptop has it.
It does, however, contain no DVD/DC Drive which is compensated for the increased number of USB ports and the laptop can experience some glitches, talking very fairly.
Overall, it is a great machine which is worthy of being used as a gaming laptop or for the office or student work.
8. Dell i5770 – Best 17″ Laptops For Programming Students Under 1000 Bucks
Available with an attractive design, loaded with acceptable performance features and containing a good 17-inch display, this is the third model of Dell that has found the way into this list which explains the superiority of the company: Affordability and Performance at the same time.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (8MB Cache,4.0 GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz[16GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 128 GB SSD + 1 TB 5400 RPM (SATA) HDD Dual drives, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare, LED-Backlit Display
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done
- Viewing Angle (H x V) 160° x 160°
Dell is not renowned for presenting very stylish laptops but this one is one to look at for sure. The chassis may be fashioned out of plastic but the metallic finish is the masterstroke. Wit weighs less than the HP ZBOOK and almost same to the Inspiron 17.
The keyboard is backlit and user-friendly. There is a nice silver finish on the keypad and keyboard which is visually appealing. The thick bezel at one side, though, under powers the otherwise elegant display screen.
The screen resolution is 1920×1080 and integrates anti-glare technology for a better viewing experience but again, that has become a norm in laptops of the modern age.
The 8th Gen i7-8550U 1.6 GHz Processor is reliable in use but it is not mighty fast. Although, it fulfills the demands of software like Creo, Photoshop and Corel Draw. It has to be kept in mind, that this laptop should be used for normal office work if you need to take full advantage from it.
The 8GB 2400 MHz RAM can yield fast performance and the 1 TB SATA HDD accommodates for the storage capacity. The multi-tasking capability of this machine is not at par with the other laptops mentioned above which is a disadvantage. The keys have a travel distance of 1.2 mm which is pretty accurate.
The GPU is the AMD Radeon 530 which is standard in performance. The availability of ports is comprehensive with 32 3.0 USB ports, a card reader, lock slot, USB 2.0 port, and a DVD ROM.
The audio quality depends upon the usage. Soft music runs quite smoothly but the speakers seem to tremble a bit when playing loud music although they do settle after some time. Perhaps, their connection is loose.
In a nutshell, this is a daily-use laptop which offers all features but nothing much out of the ordinary. The biggest advantage of this machine is it is seldom prone to repair and up gradation.
The Windows, once installed can run efficiently and if you continue with the optimized settings, the laptop will function for you a long time.
9. Acer Aspire 5 – 17″ Laptop For Video Editing
The end of the list is with yet another reliable machine. Nothing outrageously unique about the laptop but impressively lined with every requirement that a normal laptop should contain. It has proven to work efficiently with time which is important for value evaluation of any laptop.
- This Certified Refurbished product is Certified Factory refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty.
- Multitasking is easy with 8GB of Ram.
- 1TB Storage allows for plenty storage of many applications, media, and more.
- Equipped with a blazing fast Intel Core i5-8250U 1.60GHz Processor.
A decent color display is obtained by the 1920×1080 resolution. The 8250U Intel processor is 1.6 GHz which corresponds to a fast processing speed for such frequency.
Multiple browsing tabs along with two software running don’t pose any alarm to the speed of this laptop however if the load increases then this, it’s when it starts to slow down.
The 8 GB RAM is a standard too, yielding nothing outstanding but considerably optimal. You can store all your files in the 1 TB HDD which is again elementary but reliable. It contains Nvidia GeForce MX 150 GPU and the name speaks for itself.
It can pretty much run any software although the demanding ones cause the speed to slow down.
The weight is 6.5 pounds which is easier to carry around.
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API