Have you ever found yourself in need of a new laptop but are perplexed by the variety of options available? With technological advancement at its peak, the latest addition to computers is a 2-in-1 Laptop. Finding the best 2 in 1 laptops under 1000 dollars could be a tedious and daunting task but we’ve done extensive research for you guys and handpicked the top ones.
Traditional laptops are powerful instruments, they are compact enough to carry everywhere with you, yet extremely powerful to handle any task you may encounter in your daily life. From gaming to video editing, making PowerPoint presentations to churning huge amounts of data, your laptop is your best friend.
A tablet is another flavor of computers, that is perfect for simpler tasks, be it reading an eBook to watching Netflix, or just playing your favorite video games.
Can’t decide between a laptop and a tab?
You don’t have to!
Because you can get the best of both worlds in a single device.
Yes, a 2 in 1 laptop may be the answer to your computer needs. With multiple amazing options below $1000, like the sleek Hp Spectre x360, to the pocket-friendly Lenovo flex 6 14, you will find a 2 in 1 laptop catering to your specific needs.
Best Selling 2-in-1 Laptops On Amazon
Before we discussing further about some of the best 2 in 1 laptops under 1000, have a look on the 5 best selling 2-in-1 laptops on Amazon.
Let’s go through some specifics that you should look for when buying a detachable laptop.
Buyer’s Guide For Best 2-in-1 Laptop
A 2-in-1 laptop can be broadly divided into convertible and detachable varieties. The convertible 2-in-1 features a 360-degree hinge, that allows the user to flip the keyboard to the back and voila, you have a tab.
This is your best bet if you plan on using your keyboard a lot because it’s always present!
Not only that, convertible laptops have the same powerful processors that you find in a traditional laptop, including the powerful U-series Intel Core i3, Core i5, or Core i7. The body may be slightly thicker, but these machines are great for demanding tasks like video editing.
A detachable laptop is one where you can simply remove the keyboard, to get maximum portability and a great tab experience. This is optimal when you don’t regularly use your laptop for processor-heavy tasks or if you prefer a tab with the additional luxury of having a keyboard if you desire.
These 2-in-1 laptop machines usually have a powerful fanless Intel Core i5 or i7, but they are more suited for quiet and cool operation.
Best 2 in 1 Laptops Under $1000
So, let’s get down to business, here are our picks of the best 2-in-1 Laptops under $100.
Let’s dive in as I walk you through all these, and by the end of this post, you may find the best budget 2-in-1 Laptop of your dreams.
1. HP Spectre Touch x360 (Best Budget Convertible Laptop Under 1000)
Let’s start by talking in a little detail about this stunning 2-in-1 laptop, which happens to be our first pick. Walking on the path set by the previous Hp Spectre models, this laptop is also a complete package.
Blending elegance, durability, and performance in a gorgeous body, with the 360-degree hinge, you have a powerful laptop at your disposal. Visually, the laptop is a treat for the eyes with the sleek design and the gold trim running around the chassis.
For the screen, this Hp laptop features a 13.3 Inch WLED backlit touch screen that is made even better by the corning Gorilla Glass NBT.
Housing the mighty 8th Gen Quad-Core Intel i7 up to 4.0GHz, this laptop is a powerhouse. The keyboard is pleasing to use and look at, with an awesome backlit function. Do you want to hear more? The laptop has the amazing Bang & Olufsen speakers, giving it superior voice quality. The laptop features two USB-C ports that help to make this computer future proof, while the HDMI, USB 3.1, microSD reader, and audio jack makes sure that any connections one might need are covered.
This laptop is perfect for power-hungry tasks like video editing, yet the 360-degree hinge and lightweight make it perfect for everyday use. All things considered; you can’t go wrong with the brilliant piece of technology.
- Intel Core i7-8550U, 512GB Solid State Drive, Windows 10
- 13.3-inch (1920 x 1080) diagonal Touchscreen Widescreen IPS WLED
- Intel HD Graphics 620, 16GB LPDDR3 SDRAM (onboard)
- Front-facing HP TrueVision Full HD WVA (Wide Viewing Angle) webcam with integrated dual digital microphones
2. Lenovo Flex 6 14 (Best Low Budget 2-in-1 Laptop)
Do you know what I’m tired of hearing?
That to get a great laptop, you have to empty your pockets.
Well, with the Lenovo Flex 14, you can get amazing specs and guess what? It doesn’t break your bank! With a price tag of near $550, you get a laptop that will cater to all your needs. Not only this, the laptop is encased in a brilliantly made cassis, and the accompanying Lenovo pen is like icing on the cake.
Whether you need to type long essays, stream videos or want to play games, the laptop can do it all. The brilliant 14 Inch touchscreen with 10-finger Multi-touch, the 360-degree flip-and-fold design, and the powerful AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor makes it one of the best laptops on the market. However, this laptop won’t run Graphic heavy tasks like video editing very smoothly.
This is a great midrange 2-in-1 laptop for those who don’t want to dish out a ton of money. It supports everyday tasks in a jiffy, however, for those with intensive needs, they may need to look elsewhere. Overall, it’s a great mid-range laptop for students and casual users.
- Up to 8 hours of battery life with quick recharge technology to power your laptop computer up to 80%
- Comprehensive protection with Windows 10 helps protect against viruses, malware, and ransomware
- Convenient TrueBlock privacy shutter allows you to physically close your webcam when you're not using it
- The included Active Pen lets you draw or take notes directly on the screen, anywhere you go
- With a full HD touch display and the AMD Ryzen processor, you can work, stream, game, and edit videos
- Includes HDMI, USB-C, USB 3.1 inputs, fingerprint reader
3. Lenovo Yoga 730 (Best Budget 2 in 1 Laptop Under 700)
Let’s dig a little deeper. The latest creation of Lenovo, the Lenovo 730 has a stylish and modern chassis, and the aluminum body is very well made. The laptop has a sturdy yet elegant finish.
The Lenovo Yoga 730 comes with a full HD 13.3 Inch, a backlit LED screen that has minimal reflections and amazing color contrast. It is perfect for watching movies or playing video games because the brilliant screen enhances the images. The screen is equipped with a 10 finger multi-touch system so you can make the most use out of the Windows 10 operating system.
This laptop is built to be efficient and powerful, boasting the lightning-fast Intel Core i5, clocking in at a maximum of 3.4 GHz, so that you can carry out all demanding tasks effortlessly. The 256 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) and 8 GB RAM will boost the overall performance of the computer while giving you maximum liberty to store your favorite movies.
But wait, there’s more! The Intel UHD graphics 620 will make gaming a phenomenal experience for you. With the 360-degree hinge, you can seamlessly switch between a laptop and a tab. And all this with a price tag that won’t empty your pockets.
The Lenovo Yoga 730 is a laptop suited for creativity, with its powerful processor, Great display and the 360-degree hinge. However, due to its poor battery life and bulky body, it may not be suitable if you want to take your laptop with you on the go.
- 13.3" Full HD 1920 x 1080 TrueLife LED-LCD Touchscreen for hands-on control display, Intel HD Graphics 620
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U Quad-Core processor, 1.60 GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive
- 2 x USB Type-C, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x Headphone output/Microphone input combo, Built Windows Ink
- WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0, Webcam, Backlit keyboard, Media Reader, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Audio
- Windows 10 Home, 0.6" Thin, 2.9lbs Weight, Battery: Lithium-polymer, Color: Platinum Silver, Fingerprint Reader
4. HP Pavilion x360 (Best Rated 2-in-1 Laptop Under 1000 In 2019)
Do you want a laptop with top-notch technology, amazing battery life and a price tag that won’t make you weep? Well, look no further because the Hp Pavillion x360 may be the laptop for you.
It boasts a 15.6-inch HD 1366 x 768 IPS WLED-backlit touch screen. The amazing display brings images to life, with bold colors and great viewing angles. The laptop is encased in a sleek yet elegant body, with an edge-to-edge display. It has a dark ash silver trim and a gorgeous matte finish.
All the operations are fueled by the Intel Core i5quad-core processor, and along with the 16 GB ram, this laptop can handle any task you throw at it. The 1TB storage gives the user freedom to store all their pictures, movies and much more. The variety of ports, including 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep, and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge) will cover all your needs.
You get all this along with superb battery life. There is something in this laptop for everyone!
We are in love with the style and versatility of this device. From the looks to the usage, it feels premium. Add in the amazing 4G LTE capability and the phenomenal battery life and you get the best technology in this sleek laptop.
- 15.6 inch Diagonal HD IPS Micro-Edge Narrow Border (Edge to Edge) WLED-Backlit Multitouch-Enabled Edge-to-Edge Glass Touchscreen (1366 x 768), Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (1.6GHz, turbo boost up to 3.4 GHz, 6 MB cache)
- RAM is upgraded to 16GB DDR4 SDRAM, 1TB Hard Drive with 16GB Intel Optane to enhance the HD Performance
- 1 x USB Type-C, 3.1 Gen 1; 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data Transfer Only); 1 x HDMI 1.4; 1 x Headphone/microphone combo
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, B&O PLAY, dual speakers. Please note: No Optical Drive. It comes with USB extension cord, Mouse Pad and HDMI cable.
5. Microsoft Surface Pro (Top Rated 2 in 1 Convertible Laptop Under 1000)
The next laptop on our list is the sleek and stylish Microsoft Surface Pro. Like all previous Microsoft 2-in-1 models, the latest Surface Book Pro comprises a tablet with a six-pin port that lets you attach a keyboard dock. This ensures maximum portability. Encased in a light yet durable body, it is perfect to use on the go, yet powerful enough to tackle any task thrown at it. With the blazing-fast 7th Gen Intel Core i7, this model is up to two thirds faster than the previous year’s model.
The Microsoft Surface Pro features a stunning 2736×1824 display that measures 12.3 Inches. The high resolution with a pixel density of 267 PPI makes the display razor-sharp, making it extremely pleasing to the eye. The screen has brilliant contrast and the colors pop, making it perfect for those Netflix binge sessions.
The Surface Pro features a 5.0 MP rear-facing camera and a 5.0 front-facing camera. The other features included are 1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 1 x 1/8″ (3.5 mm) Headphone/Microphone, 2x Integrated Microphones, Integrated Stereo Speakers and Bluetooth 4.1. The battery is long-lasting, with Microsoft quoting up to 13 hours.
The Surface Pro 6 is best suited for those who want portability, and need a detachable keyboard. This light and flexible design is one of Microsoft’s best.
- The latest Microsoft Surface Pro Features a 7th generation Intel Core i7 Processor, 256 GB of storage, 8 GB RAM, and up to 13.5 hours of video playback
- Our fastest Surface Pro ever* thanks to a powerful Intel Core laptop-grade processor
- Go all day with up to 13.5 hours of battery life. * 50% more battery life than the previous generation
- Our lightest Surface Pro yet*, starting at 1.69 lbs (m3 model).
- Surface Pro Signature Type cover and Microsoft Surface Pen sold separately
6.ASUS Flip C302CA-DH54 (Best Selling 2-in-1 Chromebook Under $1000)
The Asus Chromebook Flip is a convertible 2-in-1 laptop, and it’s the latest model presented to us by Asus. The Chromebook is pleasing to look at, with an all-aluminum body and anodized finish. This gives it a premium look and you get a device with a clean, aesthetic look.
Weighing in at 2.65 pounds, it is one of the lightest Chromebooks in the market. It has smooth metal hinges that allow you to flip the keyboard back and you can use it in tablet mode. And this Chromebook has a magnetic clasp so that your keyboard is firmly attached to the back when using it as a tablet. How did anyone never think of this before! These features make the Chromebook perfect to use as a tab. Asus really made sure of that.
The Chromebook has a 12.5-inch screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The colors look bright and the contrast is great. When using the Chromebook in keyboard mode, you will notice the impeccable quality of the keyboard, with crisp key movements. The featured trackpad is also decent.
Now coming to the performance, the Chromebook is powered by an Intel Core M. This makes it faster than fellow Chromebooks that feature Intel Celeron. The performance is great for its price tag, and you can get tasks done efficiently due to the high-speed processor. The battery life is also stellar, clocking in at 10 Hour 46 Minutes in a Movie playback test.
The Asus Chromebook is a premium laptop at a great price. It has a gorgeous screen, an awesome keyboard, and a very practical Tablet mode. This device is perfect for anyone wanting to switch to Chromebooks.
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5" full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode; Battery: 39WHrs, 2S1P, 2 cell Li ion. Storage is 64GB EMMC + TPM
- For the battery and compatibility related issues Need to use Microsoft 365 word app for reading doc or software.The customer should have knowledge of chrome OS functionality and should update chrome to the latest OS version.And for the battery issues try doing a power wash.If still having issues, send in for inspection
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body. Starts up in Seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a Long battery life rated up to 10 hours
- Unlock the power of Chromebooks with access to your favorite Chrome web store apps like Google docs and it is Google play store/Android app ready
- Work anywhere online or offline regardless of your internet connection. Enjoy your favorite games, entertainment, and keep up with work, wherever you go
7. Acer Chromebook Spin (Best Budget 2-in-1 Laptop Under $800)
Not everyone needs a laptop that can perform demanding tasks. Are you searching for such a 2-in-1 laptop that would assist you in your daily tasks without breaking your bank?
Look no further!
The Acer Chromebook Spin 13 is exactly what you need. It is one of the best chrome books available in the market, and perfect for day-to-day activities.
It houses the Intel Core i5 processor, that gives the laptop a decent speed. Coupled with the 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage, this laptop is perfectly equipped to cater to your daily needs. Be it watching movies, making presentations or taking notes, this laptop has your back. However, it is not a good option if you want to perform intensive tasks. But for those who are on a budget, this is a great option.
The Acer Chromebook spin 13 has a 13.5-inch screen with a resolution of 2256 x 1504. The screen is bright but sometimes the colors may look faded. Even with a low price-tag, the Acer Chromebook features a variety of ports so that you can stay connected, always. It features 1 – USB 3.0 port,1 – USB 2.0 port, 1 – HDMI 2.0 port with HDCP support, 1 – 3.5mm combo jack (headphone/speaker), and 1 – DC-in jack for AC adapter.
The Acer Chromebook Spin 13 is the perfect laptop for those who are on a budget. It smoothly handles everyday tasks; however, it may lag when multitasking. The screen appears a little dull and the battery doesn’t last very long. However, it is an ideal laptop for cool and quiet operation, and perfectly suitable for students.
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (Internet connection is required)
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook
- Chromebooks come with built in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically
- Convertible Chromebook with Intel Core i5 8250U, 13.5 inches (2256 x 1504) Corning Gorilla Glass NBT IPS 10 point multi touch screen, 8GB Memory, 128GB eMMC and Up to 10 hour Battery Life.Maximum Power Supply Wattage:45 W
8. ASUS ZenBook Flip (Recommend Convertible Laptop Under $900)
The next feature on our list is the ASUS ZenBook Flip. Asus has created this ZenBook with elegance and sturdiness, encasing everything in a thin and lightweight body. The chassis is made up of aluminum and the dull grey lid gives the laptop a polished look. The feel of the body is solid, and many people may not be able to guess the price when looking at this beautiful, yet light on the pocket, 2-in-1 laptop.
The ASUS ZenBook Flip has a 14-inch screen, with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. When you look at the screen, it is visually pleasing with good brightness and a great contrast ratio. Images have great color reproduction and finer details are visible. With a 14-inch screen and thin bezels, the device is perfect to use as a tab and is extremely portable. Do you want to hear more? This device has a long battery life, clocking in at approximately 9 hours, which makes it the perfect laptop to carry around with you.
Not only this, the laptop has other great features as well. The ASUS ZenBook has a backlit keyboard which is a pleasure to use. It also has a perfectly placed glass touchpad, which is wider than most other laptops and is equipped with a great click mechanism. The trackpad is wide and smooth, with accurate tracking and 2-finger scrolling. The ZenBook comes with the ASUS pen that is great to use, and perfect for students.
This is a great machine for the users who want to get more powerful specifications than a Chromebook, but still want to remain in budget. The gorgeous display, blazing speed, and strong battery life make it an amazing laptop.
- 14-Inch wide-view Full-HD nano-edge bezel touch display in 13.3" chassis with Stylus pen and Windows 10 Pre-installed
- Intel Core i5-8250U Quad core Processor 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz. Up to 13 hours battery life
- Fast storage and memory featuring 256GB SATA SSD with 8GB LPDDR3 2133MHz RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI/USB Type C, 802.11a/c WiFi, and SD Card Reader
- Sleek and lightweight 3.1 lbs , 0.5-inch thickness,aluminum body for comfortable portability
- Built-in fingerprint reader with one-touch login via Windows Hello feature
9. Google Pixelbook (The Best 2-in-1 Laptop Under 1000 Dollars)
Do you want a Chromebook that can compete with high-end laptops? And do you want it under $1000? If the answer to these questions is yes, the Google Pixelbook is the laptop for you! It is one of the best Chromebooks out there, with specifications matching high-end laptops.
The looks of this Chromebook are polished and refined, with an exceptionally well designed, brushed Aluminum body. It features a delightful glass trackpad, which is very precise and has multi-touch capabilities. The keyboard is also one of the best, which is backlit and has 0.8mm key travel.
The screen is probably the best attribute of Google Pixelbook. The stunning 12.3 Inches, 2400×1600 screen has a pixel density of 235ppi and coupled with accurate color reproduction and depth of field, this display rivals the best in the market. The screen works beautifully with photos and videos, and at a brightness of 400 nits, it can even be used in sunlight.
Lastly, let’s talk about performance. The 7th generation Intel Core i5 is impressive, and it can easily handle multi-tasking, so even if you are using 10 tabs on chrome, google music and a spreadsheet simultaneously, it won’t break a sweat. Impressive, no? The laptop has a phenomenal battery life, and the juice won’t run out for 10 hours.
The accompanying google assistant also makes things run smoothly. And add the Pixelbook pen to the mix, and you have the complete package!
This is the best Chromebook available on the market if you want all the features that a top-notch laptop offers. As far as a Chromebook goes, the price tag is a little steep but well worth the amazing qualities you get with this device.
- Meet Google Pixel book, the high performance Chromebook; It's the first laptop with the Google Assistant built in; Press the Google Assistant key on your keyboard or say "Ok Google" to get started; The Google Assistant is always ready to help
- Features 7th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 128GB for storage; The long lasting battery delivers up to 10 hours of use and it's fast charging so you can get 2 hours of use in 15 minutes
- The 4 in 1 design adapts to whatever you're doing with laptop, tablet, tent and entertainment modes; Access to favorite apps including Google Drive, Gmail, YouTube, Evernote, Slack, Infinite Painter, Lightroom, Roblox and many more
- Pixel book's super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 millimeter and weighs 2.45 pounds; Features a 12.3 inch 360 degree touchscreen display, a sleek aluminum body, Corning Gorilla Glass and a back lit keyboard
- Powered by Chrome OS with automatic software updates so you'll always have the latest virus protection; It starts up in less than 10 secs, stays fast throughout the day, and won't slow down over time
10. Microsoft Surface Book (The Best & Top Selling 2-in-1 Laptop Under 1000 )
In the end, let’s talk about the Microsoft Surface Book.
The Microsoft surface book has a futuristic, elegant design. Everything about this computer is visually stunning, from the flat design to the striking silver color. The chassis is carved out of Magnesium and feels premium and sturdy in hand. The Microsoft surface book has a detachable keyboard so that you can use it as a standalone tab. The screen and keyboard are held together by a futuristic ‘Dynamic Fulcrum Hinge’, the essentially rolls back when you open the laptop.
The display has a resolution of 2000 x 3000 pixels, which is quite impressive. The display looks sharp, the color reproduction is accurate and you get stunning visuals. And guess what? You get a surface pen with this laptop! The surface pen is perfect for students and artists and just make using this laptop so much more enjoyable. The keyboard is decent with a 1.6mm key drive, and the glass trackpad is a delight.
The Surface Book has an incredible Intel Core i5 processor that handles multitasking easily. The Nvidia graphics make this laptop great for gaming, as it plays most games smoothly at approximately 30 fps (frames per second). The battery time is pretty good, with a usage of around 7.5 hours, however, this is less than what Microsoft had promised.
The Microsoft Surface Book is an excellent laptop, with its detachable keyboard, the surface pen, and the futuristic design. However, even without these extra features, this is a laptop that is powerful, ergonomic and just great overall. It is a perfect laptop for all those who love innovative designs and also want a great performing device.
- 13.5-inch PixelSense touchscreen display (3000 x 2000) resolution
- Windows 10 Pro operating system
- Incredibly mobile at 3.48 pounds (1576 grams)
- Surface Pen included.
- Ships in Consumer packaging.
Conclusion (Final Verdict On Best 2-in-1 Laptops Under $1000)
You can’t go wrong with any of the listed 2-in-1 laptops listed above. Let’s sum up quickly so it’s easier for you to choose one that meets your needs.
Do you need an ultimate 2-in-1 experience that offers maximum functionality and performance? Go with the HP Spectre x360 or the Microsoft Surface Book.
If you are on a budget and want a Chromebook for everyday use, go with the Asus Chromebook Flip.
And if you want the convenience of a Chromebook and the power of a top-notch laptop, feel confident to buy the Google Pixelbook.
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API