Read about the 8 best 2 in 1 laptop all priced either under $600 or $700 and comment below if it sounds familiar. You walk into a store with the intention of buying a 2-in-1 laptop, you browse the aisles looking for something that will fulfill your needs, and finally, you find one that you love. But then you check the price and it hits you, it’s not in your budget! Well, don’t worry because today we will walk you through the best 2-in-1 laptops under $700 and $600 that have amazing specifications. You’ll surely find a perfect match but before I share it with you, let’s talk about some basic guidelines.
Top 3 Best Selling 2 in 1 Laptops
A Buyer’s Guide To 2-in-1 laptops Under $700, $600
When buying a 2-in-1 laptop, you have the option of getting a convertible or detachable version. A convertible laptop features a 360-degree movable hinge, that allows the keyboard to fold back, converting the laptop into a functional tablet. It is great for people who want to use the keyboard often, but would also like the liberty of using a tab when required. Convertible laptops are slightly bigger than their detachable counterparts. This allows for better battery life, better processing speeds, and more storage. The downside is that it takes a hit on portability.
Detachable laptops consist of a tablet, that is attached to a keyboard via a clasp. When the keyboard is attached, you have a laptop but when you remove it, you will get a fully functional tablet. Since detachable laptops are smaller, they may lag behind in performance but the portability and ease of use make up for it. This type of 2-in-1 laptop is ideal for students and people who are always on the go.
Now that we have discussed the basic types, let’s dig deeper and discuss some of the best available 2-in-1 laptops, all under $700!
8 Top 2-in-1 Laptops Above $500 & Below $700
- Best Cheap Gaming Laptops Under 500 Dollars
- Best 2 in 1 Laptop Under 1000 Dollars
- Best 17 Inch Laptop Under 1000
Best 2-in-1 Laptops Under $700
1. Lenovo Flex 5 2-in-1 (Best Full HD 2-in-1 Laptop Under 700)
Do you know what I’m tired of hearing? That to get a great laptop, you have to empty your pockets. Well, with the Lenovo Flex 5 2-in-1, you can get amazing specs and guess what? It doesn’t break your bank! For a great price, you get a laptop that will cater to all your needs. Not only this, the laptop is encased in a brilliantly made cassis, and the accompanying Lenovo Active pen is like icing on the cake.
Whether you need to type long essays, stream videos or want to play games, the laptop can do it all. The 15-inch touchscreen with 10-finger Multi-touch is decent, with great contrast but the colors may not pop very much. The 360-degree flip-and-fold design is fantastic, and it caters to your needs. The Lenovo Flex 5 has a great backlit keyboard and a precision touchpad.
The Laptop houses the powerful Intel Core i7-8550U processor that will keep things running smoothly. If you need more power, there is an option for a Turbo boost to give you the extra processing power. The included Dedicated NVIDIA MX130 2GB Graphics are perfect for games and graphic designers.
Verdict: This is a great mid range 2-in-1 laptop for those who don’t want to dish out a ton of money. It supports everyday tasks in a jiffy and has an amazing graphic card. Overall, it’s a great laptop for students and casual users.
- Intel Quad Core i7-8550U 1.80 GHz (Turbo 4.0 GHz, 4 Cores 8 Threads, 8MB SmartCache)
- 15.6" IPS LCD with LED Backlight FHD touchscreen (1920x1080)
- Dedicated NVIDIA MX130 2GB Graphics
- 16GB DDR4 | 512GB SSD | Backlit Keyboard | 802.11AC + Bluetooth | FingerPrint Reader
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Onyx Black
- OS : Windows 10
2. Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 (Top Selling 2-in-1 Laptop Below $700)
Let’s dig a little deeper. The latest creation of Lenovo, the Lenovo 730 has a stylish and modern chassis, and the aluminum body is very well made. The laptop has a sturdy yet elegant finish.
The Lenovo Yoga 730 comes with a full HD 15.6 Inch backlit LED screen that has minimal reflections and amazing color contrast. It is perfect for watching movies or playing video games because the brilliant screen enhances the images. The screen is equipped with a 10 finger multi-touch system so you can make the most use out of the Windows 10 operating system.
This laptop is built to be efficient and powerful, boasting the lightning-fast Intel Core i5, clocking in at a maximum of 3.4 GHz, so that you can carry out all demanding tasks effortlessly. The 256 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) and 8 GB RAM will boost the overall performance of the computer while giving you maximum liberty to store your favorite movies.
But wait, there’s more! The Intel UHD graphics 620 will make gaming a phenomenal experience for you. With the 360-degree hinge, you can seamlessly switch between a laptop and a tab. And all this with a price tag that won’t empty your pockets.
Verdict: The Lenovo Yoga 730 is a laptop suited for creativity, with its powerful processor, Great display and the 360-degree hinge. However, due to its poor battery life and bulky body, it may not be suitable if you want to take your laptop with you on the go.
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U mobile processor: Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go; 8GB system memory for advanced multitasking: Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once; Solid State Drive (PCI-e): Save files fast and store more data. PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers
- 15.6" Full HD 10-point multitouch screen: The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Touch, tap, glide and make the most of Windows 10. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient LED backlight; Intel UHD Graphics 620: On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming
- 360° flip-and-fold design: Offers four versatile modes - laptop, tablet, tent and stand. Lenovo Transition automatically switches specific applications to full screen when changing from PC to tablet, tent or stand position; Weighs 4.17 lbs. and measures 0.7" thin: Thin and light design with DVD/CD drive omitted for improved portability. 3-cell lithium-ion battery; HDMI output expands your viewing options: Connect to an HDTV or high-def monitor to set up two screens side by side
- Thunderbolt port for connecting advanced monitors and external drives: This single interface supports both high-speed data and high-def video - plus power over cable for bus-powered devices - ideal for digital content creators; Next-generation wireless connectivity: Connects to your network or hotspots on all current Wi-Fi standards. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for speed nearly 3x faster than Wireless-N
- Built-in HD webcam with dual array microphone: Makes it easy to video chat with family and friends or teleconference with colleagues over Skype or other popular applications; Built-in fingerprint reader: Streamlines security settings for quick, typo-free access; Windows 10 operating system; Basic software package included: 30-days trial of Microsoft Office 365; Additional port: Headphone/microphone combo jack; Note: This laptop does not include a built-in DVD/CD drive
3. Microsoft Surface Book (Top Rated Convertible Laptop Under 700 Dollars)
In the third place, let’s talk about the Microsoft Surface Book. The Microsoft surface book has a futuristic, elegant design. Everything about this computer is visually stunning, from the flat design to the striking silver color. The chassis is carved out of Magnesium and feels premium and sturdy in hand. The Microsoft surface book has a detachable keyboard so that you can use it as a standalone tab. The screen and keyboard are held together by a futuristic ‘Dynamic Fulcrum Hinge’, the essentially rolls back when you open the laptop.
The display has a resolution of 2000 x 3000 pixels, which is quite impressive. The display looks sharp, the color reproduction is accurate and you get stunning visuals. And guess what? You get a surface pen with this laptop! The surface pen is perfect for students and artists and just make using this laptop so much more enjoyable. The keyboard is decent with a 1.6mm key drive, and the glass trackpad is a delight.
The Surface Book has an incredible Intel Core i5 processor that handles multitasking easily. The Intel HD graphics make this laptop great for gaming, as it plays most games smoothly at approximately 30 fps (frames per second). The battery time is pretty good, with a usage of around 7.5 hours, however, this is less than what Microsoft had promised.
Verdict: The Microsoft Surface Book is an excellent laptop, with its detachable keyboard, the surface pen, and the futuristic design. However, even without these extra features, this is a laptop that is powerful, ergonomic and just great overall. It is a suitable laptop for all those who love creative designs and want excellent performance.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The resulting product includes all relevant accessories, comes with a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only sellers who meet a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- 13.5" PixelSense touchscreen display (3000 x 2000) resolution
- Windows 10 Pro operating system
- Incredibly mobile at 3.48 pounds
- Surface Pen included.
4. HP Pavilion 2019 Premium X360 (Core i7 Touch Screen Convertible Laptop)
Do you want a laptop with top-notch technology, amazing battery life and a price tag that won’t make you weep? Well, look no further because the Hp Pavilion x360 may be the laptop for you.
It boasts a 15.6-inch HD 1366 x 768 IPS WLED-backlit touch screen. The amazing display brings images to life, with bold colors and great viewing angles. The laptop is encased in a sleek yet elegant body, with an edge-to-edge display. It has a dark ash silver trim and a gorgeous matte finish.
All the operations are fueled by the Intel Core i5quad-core processor, and along with the 16 GB ram, this laptop can handle any task you throw at it. The 1TB storage gives the user the freedom to store all their pictures, movies and much more. The variety of ports, including 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep, and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge) will cover all your needs.
What’s more? You get all this along with superb battery life in below $700. There is something in this laptop for everyone!
Verdict: We are in love with the style and versatility of this device. From the looks to the usage, it feels premium. Add in the amazing 4G LTE capability and the phenomenal battery life and you get the best technology in this sleek laptop.
- 15.6 inch Diagonal HD IPS Micro-Edge Narrow Border (Edge to Edge) WLED-Backlit Multitouch-Enabled Edge-to-Edge Glass Touchscreen (1366 x 768), Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (1.6GHz, turbo boost up to 3.4 GHz, 6 MB cache)
- RAM is upgraded to 16GB DDR4 SDRAM, 1TB Hard Drive with 16GB Intel Optane to enhance the HD Performance
- 1 x USB Type-C, 3.1 Gen 1; 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data Transfer Only); 1 x HDMI 1.4; 1 x Headphone/microphone combo
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, B&O PLAY, dual speakers. Please note: No Optical Drive. It comes with USB extension cord, Mouse Pad and HDMI cable.
5. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
Although the price of this model is not under $700 but it’s very near to it, therefore, we mentioned Microsoft Surface Pro 6 under the best 2 in 1 laptop Under 700.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 6 has an elegant body, carved out of Magnesium with thin bezels and weighing only 3.5 pounds. This latest edition from Microsoft comes with a beautiful matte black color option, that elevates the look of this laptop and makes it look much more premium. The Microsoft Surface Pro 6 has a detachable keyboard, and you can use it as a tablet or laptop according to your needs.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 6 has a 12.3-inch screen with a resolution of 2736 x 1824. The screen looks sharp and all colors are bright when you are viewing images or watching movies. The brightness is also great, recorded to be at 408 nits. The detachable keyboard is easy to use, and it enhances your typing experience. The glass touchpad is also pleasingly accurate.
Surface Pro 6 has 2 front speakers that provide loud and crisp sound quality. Compared to last year’s model, the Surface Pro 6 has a much faster 8th Generation Intel Core i5 that will cater to all your needs and is also great at multi-tasking. The battery life is also improved compared to last year’s model, and it clocks in at approximately 9 hours and 20 mins.
Even with all these great qualities, Microsoft has failed to embed the new USB type C and Thunderbolt ports, and the laptop has standard USB 3.0. This may be a deal-breaker for some.
Verdict: The Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is an elegant and powerful device with a stunning display. If you are willing to trade the USB C/ Thunderbolt ports for a gorgeous display and blazing fast 8th generation Intel Core i5, this is the laptop you should get and you won’t be disappointed.
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds
- All day battery life, with up to 13.5 hours of video playback
- Pair with our Signature Type Cover in luxurious Alcantara material and rich colors for a full keyboard experience
Best 2-in-1 Laptops Under $600
6. Lenovo Yoga 710-15 (Best 15 Inch 2 in 1 Laptop Under 600)
The Lenovo Yoga 710-15 is proof that you can get the best specifications and not break your bank. Visually, it looks fantastic with an all-black Aluminum body and a minimalistic design. The screen is 15.6 inches with thin bezels, and the hinges are a beautiful gunmetal grey. These hinges allow the user to use this device in a laptop, a tab or a tent form.
The 15.6-inch 1920 x 1080 display is gorgeous, and it reproduces colors accurately giving you vivid images. The screen has a brightness of 322 nits, which is great for a laptop in this price range. The keyboard on this laptop is comfortable to use, and with the responsive keys and tactile feedback, you can type documents accurately and quickly. The touchpad is good and responds promptly to navigations and gestures.
The laptop houses an Intel Core i5-7200 processor, along with 8 GB ram and Intel HD graphics and they are powerful enough to handle multitasking. The audio on this laptop is great and sound quality is excellent.
Verdict: The Lenovo 710 has great performance, a stunning screen, and nice audio, and it is a great option for those who want quality and speed in a budget.
- 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U (2.5GHz, 3M Cache, Turbo up to 3.10 GHz, Dual Core, Four Threads), 8 GB DDR4 memory, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Intel HD Graphics 620.
- 15.6" Full HD 1920 x 1080 10-point multitouch screen; 360-degree flip-and-fold design; LED backlight.
- Weighs 4.45 lbs. and measures 0.7" thin; Ultraportable design, omitting the DVD/CD drive for compact form factor. 4-cell lithium-polymer battery.
- Fingerprint reader, HD webcam with two microphones; WiFi 802.11 ac; Bluetooth 4.1; USB 3.0; Headphone/microphone combo jack; 2 x JBL stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium.
- Windows 10 Home, 8 hour battery life.
7. Microsoft Surface Pro FJR-00001 (Best Selling 2 in 1 Laptop Under $600)
The next laptop on our list is the sleek and stylish Microsoft Surface ProFJR. Like all previous Microsoft 2-in-1 models, the Surface Book ProFJR comprises a tablet with a six-pin port that lets you attach a keyboard dock. This ensures maximum portability. Encased in a light yet durable body, it is perfect to use on the go, yet powerful enough to tackle any task thrown at it. With the blazing-fast Intel Core M, this laptop is guaranteed to have great performance and functionality.
The Microsoft Surface Pro features a stunning 2736×1824 display that measures 12.3 inches, similar to the Surface Pro 6. The high resolution with a pixel density of 267 PPI makes the display razor-sharp, making it extremely pleasing to the eye. The screen has brilliant contrast and the colors pop, making it perfect for those Netflix binge sessions. The detachable keyboard is great and makes typing a pleasure.
The Surface Pro features a 5.0 MP rear-facing camera and a 5.0 front-facing camera. The other features included are 1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 1 x 1/8″ (3.5 mm) Headphone/Microphone, 2x Integrated Microphones, Integrated Stereo Speakers and Bluetooth 4.1. The battery is long-lasting, with Microsoft quoting up to 13 hours.
Verdict: The Surface Pro FJR is best suited for those who want a great screen and a detachable keyboard, but don’t want to dish out their money for the Surface Pro 6. Both laptops have a lot of similarities and you will be gold with either of these versions.
- The latest Microsoft Surface Pro Features a 7th generation Intel Core M Processor, 128 GB of storage, 4 GB RAM, and up to 13.5 hours of video playback
- Our fastest Surface Pro ever* thanks to a powerful Intel Core laptop-grade processor
- Go all day with up to 13.5 hours of battery life. * 50% more battery life than the previous generation
- Our lightest Surface Pro yet*, starting at 1.69 lbs (m3 model)
- Surface Pro Signature Type cover and Microsoft Surface Pen sold separately
8. ASUS Chromebook Flip (Best Budget Convertible Laptop Under $600)
The Asus Chromebook Flip is a convertible 2-in-1 laptop, and it’s the latest model presented to us by Asus. The Chromebook is pleasing to look at, with an all-aluminum body and anodized finish. This gives it a premium look and you get a device with a clean, aesthetic look.
Weighing in at 3.3 pounds, it is one of the lightest Chromebooks in the market. It has smooth metal hinges that allow you to flip the keyboard back and you can use it in tablet mode. And this Chromebook has a magnetic clasp so that your keyboard is firmly attached to the back when using it as a tablet. How did anyone never think of this before! These features make the Chromebook perfect to use as a tab. Asus really made sure of that.
The Chromebook has a 14-inch screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The colors look bright and the contrast is great. When using the Chromebook in keyboard mode, you will notice the impeccable quality of the keyboard, with crisp key movements. The featured trackpad is also decent.
Now coming to the performance, the Chromebook is powered by an Intel Core M. This makes it faster than fellow Chromebooks that feature Intel Celeron. The performance is great for its price tag, and you can get tasks done efficiently due to the high-speed processor. The battery life is also stellar, clocking in at 10 Hour 46 Minutes in a Movie playback test.
Verdict: The Asus Chromebook is a premium laptop at a great price. It has a gorgeous screen, an awesome keyboard, and a very practical Tablet mode. This device is perfect for anyone wanting to switch to Chromebooks.
- 14 inch touchscreen full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge Display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14 inch screen to fit in the body of a 13 inch Laptop footprint
- The full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100y Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x USB Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit keyboard (*usb transfer speed may vary. Learn more at Asus website)
- The lightweight (3 lbs) all-aluminum metal body makes the C434 both durable and beautiful for a timeless look that will never go out of style
- Chromebook runs on chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time
Conclusion (Final Verdict On Best 2-in-1 Laptops Under $600, $700)
The bottom line is that you can choose any one of these amazing 2-in-1 laptops and you will get your money’s worth. These laptops all come equipped with great processors and functionality, and all of them can be used as a tab or a laptop, giving you the maximum freedom.
But if you are still confused, we will summarize it in a few lines so you can narrow down your choices. If you want a great display, solid performance and a detachable keyboard, go with the Microsoft Surface Pro 6. If you want maximum portability with great performance, you would love the Hp Pavilion x360. And if you want amazing graphics and great overall capabilities, the Lenovo Flex 5 is your best bet. Microsoft Surface Pro FJR-00001 can be a good choice if you’re looking for a 2-in-1 laptop under 600.
However, you can’t go wrong with any of these fantastic picks of best 2 in 1 laptops under $700.
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API