Monitors have distinguished themselves as the key determinant of human-computer interaction. Whether you are a competitive gamer, a graphic designer or just a web surfer, the monitor is as much important as the PC that is running the show.
There are numerous computer monitors available on the market, and thus it becomes quite an overwhelming job when you have to choose the one that fits your criteria. As choices make the decision harder, this article aims to provide the best available options fulfilling one particular parameter, that is, budget.
Those with a tight budget, it is not a shame to have, can look for the best computer monitors under 200 dollars which might be quite helpful. This budget range does not seriously compromise quality; and if the product fits your ultimate purpose, you will surely be over the moon after reading this article.
Top 3 Best Selling Computer Monitors In 2019
We’ve listed below the top 3 hot selling computer monitors on Amazon. So, if you’re in a hurry and want to purchase the trendy and best selling computer monitors of 2019 without reading each product review, pros and cons then you can purchase any of below monitor screens.
Before checking out the features of the upcoming list of top-notch monitors, it is incumbent on the reader to get familiar with some important parameters of selection. Remember, the purpose defines the best choice: what might be best for a single user is not necessarily best for all. So, do keep your needs in mind while selecting the right choice for yourself.
Apart from budget, other major parameters include ultimate purpose, resolution, screen size, panel type, refresh rate and response time, and supplementary features.
Ultimate Purpose: the fork in the road. Determining the ultimate purpose sort a lot of things out for many users. The monitors with ultimate purpose like gaming are altogether different than those which have a more professional purpose to serve like photo/video editing or graphic designing. Gaming optimized monitors prioritize refresh rates and have a low response time. While high contrast and color accuracy are the top priorities of professional users. If you are unfamiliar with the tech jargon, like refresh rate and response time, don’t worry. We are going to discuss them in a while.
Resolution: maximum details that monitor screen can fit. A pixel is a minimum area of illumination on a display screen, and resolution refers to the number of pixels on a screen. A 1920×1080 px resolution means 1920 pixels are spread across horizontally and 1080 pixels vertically. A 1920×1080 px resolution—also known as full HD display—considered as the baseline resolution for monitors nowadays. It is usually recommended to go for high resolution—2k, 4k, and 8k—as it helps to get a sharp image with high contrast and color accuracy.
Screen size: what is your workplace limitation? The bigger the screen size the bigger the object appears on the screen. However, the screen size must not be confused with resolution. A large-size screen with low resolution will display softer and blurry image resulting in the lackluster experience. Screen size is the measure of the diagonal length of the screen. The working space limits the users to go for 19’’, 22’’ or 27’’ screen size. Another important aspect within screen size is aspect ratio. The more the aspect ratio the wider the screen and lower the letterboxing. As wider screen helps in multitasking so optimum aspect ratio is 16:9 (width: height). For ultra-wide screen users—developers and graphic designers—21:9 curved screens is the best option.
Panel type: gamers must not miss it out. There are two widely used panel types out there: IPS and TN. We will not go into their details. An IPS panel banks on the huge color depth and good viewing angles. A TN panel lies on the opposite end of the spectrum: it prioritizes speed over any other aspect. So, for a gamer, a TN panel is best as it provides a high refresh rate and minimum input lag. Graphic professionals must opt for IPS panel, for a great deal of their work involves dealing with colors.
Refresh rate and response time: how many times an image update every second and how long will it take a pixel to change shades. The refresh rate is measured in Hertz. A high refresh rate with low response time makes the gaming experience a lot better. The 75-hertz refresh rate is the baseline for gaming; the more the better.
Supplementary Features: maximize productivity and accessibility. Monitor mount becomes very handy when there is not enough space available on your workplace. Among a number of mounts available in the market, Vesa mount is considered as the standard. If space is not an issue, a good stand will definitely do the job. A good monitor stand can perform several functions including tilt, rotation and height adjustment. Having several USB and audio/video ports multiplies your options and minimize compatibility issues. While many monitors do not have built-in speakers, their presence can significantly enhance user experience.
Now that you are familiar with the key parameters, let us quickly move on to our list of best budget computer monitors under 200 dollars.
Top 10 Computer Monitors For The Money
See Also: Best Gaming Portable Monitors
10 Best Computer Monitors Reviews
1. AOC 27V2H (Best Computer Monitor Under 200)
The product is simply awesome. With its ultra-slim frameless IPS, it is poised to take minimum space on your desk space, leaving room to spare for other devices. An IPS panel enables it to display colors with high depth and that too with great viewing angles. Furthermore, the added advantage of the Full HD display gives it an edge in terms of vivid colors and sharp imagery. Another important aspect to consider is the narrow borders which minimize the bezel distraction and provide a remarkable gaming experience.
The model has freeSync technology to cope with the input lag—a common drawback of IPS display. The screen size 27’’ and aspect ratio 16:9 is pretty standard; but given the budget limitation, it is the best choice to have. The refresh rate is 75 Hertz which is right at the baseline for gaming monitors, while the response rate is 5 milliseconds which is a major drawback for competitive gaming.
It comes with a stand having HDMI and VGI ports. The stand has certain limitations which include tilt and height adjustment. Also, there are no in-built speakers and USB ports.
In a nutshell, professionals with a tight budget must not have a second thought about selecting this product, while gamers must be cautious as its high response rate is going to be a major disadvantage for them.
- AOC 27V2H 27" Led monitor with 1920x1080 full HD resolution at 75Hz refresh rate
- Frameless, "hidden edge" Ips panel for wide-viewing angles without color loss
- Rapid 5ms response time and 75Hz refresh rate with AMD Free Sync for smooth gaming experience
- Vga and HDMI 1.4 connections
- No stuttering or tearing with AMD Free Sync technology
- Sleek, ultra-slim, frameless design with tilt adjustability
2. Philips 276E9QDSB (Best 27 Inch Computer Monitor For Under 200)
Model 276E9QDSB has little to differ with the product first on our list. It has a Full HD display with IPS panel. The extra selling point is its wide color technology with 124% sRGB and 93% NTSC color gamut coverage which produces more natural-looking greens, vivid reds, and deeper blue. Common users and professionals must expect to get stunned by its remarkable display and vivid imagery.
Those having gaming as the sole usage in mind, the low refresh rate and high response time, 75 hertz and 5 milliseconds respectively, is rightly going to raise eyebrows. But the company tried its best to supplant it with free sync adaptive technology that helps to get rid of choppy gameplay and broken frames.
One striking aspect is LowBlue mode availability. The monitors such enabled, minimize eye-damage by shorter blue wavelengths. User well-being is one of the many aspects that distinguishes companies like Philips from other competitors.
Vesa mount compatibility and several ports—including HDMI, VGA, and DVI—make it a compelling choice for users that values accessibility.
This monitor is an excellent choice for normal users and professionals.
- 27" LED monitor with Full HD 1920x1080
- IPS panel for wide-viewing angles and full colors. Brightness - 250 cd/m². Product with stand (mm) - 614 x 465 x 220 mm. Product without stand (mm) - 614 x 367 x 40 mm
- Philip Ultra Wide-Color technology with 124% sRGB & 93% NTSC color gamut coverage
- Free Sync technology provides fluid, artifact-free gaming performance
- HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, and audio out connectivity
- 4-Year with 4-year advance replacement policy (for models sold in us)
3. Acer B0 SB220Q bi (Cheapest Computer Monitor)
Full HD display and IPS panel seems a standard feature for monitors just under 200$ range, but to have them at a whooping low price of 89$ is truly amazing. This means for nearly half the price you will be enjoying the high color performance with no color difference at any viewing angle.
The AMD Radeon free sync technology and a low response time of 4 milliseconds are there to make it compatible for superior graphics gaming. The model boasts no stuttering and tearing effect which should be taken seriously because companies like Acer has a reputation to maintain.
Its fixed stand provides little options for maneuverability and therefore is a major disadvantage to consider. Also, there are no inbuilt speakers and Vesa mount compatibility. HDMI and VGA ports are available, while USB ports are discarded to not compromise its sleekness.
This monitor is best for office use which involves text reading, web browsing or making spreadsheets. As it can smoothly handle-less competitive games, so it should not be ruled out for gaming.
- 21. 5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- And Radeon free Sync technology. No compatablity for VESA Mount
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz - Using HDMI port
- Zero-frame design | ultra-thin | 4ms response time | IPS panel
- Ports: 1 x HDMI & 1 x VGA
- Aspect ratio - 16: 9. Color Supported - 16. 7 million colors. Brightness - 250 nit
4. Sceptre C248W-1920RN (Best 24″ Gaming Computer Monitor Under $200)
The model comes with a VA panel: a true hybrid between IPS and TN panels. As it lies at the mid of the spectrum having two altogether different specifications at its extremes, it is a great compromise in terms of color depth, viewing angles and pixels refresh rate. VA panel is further supplemented by its fast refresh rate of 75 hertz—a standard for responsive gaming. As it has become obvious by now, the model was definitely supposed to come with the low response time. It does not disappoint us. The average response rate is 3-4 milliseconds making it a lot much faster in changing the pixel colors. In short, its claim to offer the best gaming experience is not unfounded.
Other features include Vesa mount compatibility and a built-in stand that offers limited tilt adjustment. Lack of maneuverability options and low sound quality are the prime drawbacks of this model. Being a gaming monitor, it has both HDMI and VGA ports for a better visual and audio experience.
- 24" Diagonal viewable curved screen 1800R immersive curvature
- Displayport, HDMI, VGA & PC audio in ports. Build-in speakers
- Up to 75Hz refresh rate; response time: 5 ms
- Dimensions with stand (inches) 21.43" X 7.30" X 15.64" Without stand (inch) 21.43" X 2.24" X 12.69" Packaging Dimension (inches) 23.2" X 4.4" X 15.5"
- Weight with stand 6.37 IB without stand 5.73 IB gross weight 9.70 IB. Maximum power consumption is 30W
- Mounting Type: VESA wall mount hole pattern (mm): 100mm (w) x 100mm (H)
5. Dell D2719HGF (Best Selling 27″ Gaming LED-Lit Monitor)
This model is Vesa mount compatible,budget-friendly and has a sleek design. Its built-in speakers provide a great sound experience, while the display has already been discussed in detail.
If you are a professional and your work demands a great deal with colors, this will turn out to be the worst choice for you. For gamers, there should not be many reasons to not go for this one.
- Offers Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, 144 Hertz refresh rate and fast response time of 2 millisecond
- Integrated speakers for impressive audio quality
- AMD FreeSync technology creates a fluid frame rate
- Flat screen 27 inches LED FHD display shows vivid colors
- LED back lighting permits a thinner and more energy efficient screen
- 1000:1 contrast ratio enables deep and accurate color reproduction
6. ViewSonic VA2759-SMH (Top Rated Monitor Under 200)
Model VA2759-SMH comes with an IPS panel which means it has great color depths and viewing angles. The response time is 7 milliseconds, so the display is bound to bear a glitch in updating—a notorious flaw known as ‘ghosting’ in gaming jargon. However, it bounced back with a 75 Hertz refresh rate, still making it attractive for gamers. A good refresh rate like this put little strain on eyes as the display shows no sign of flickering; plus, ViewSonic has also made use of blue light technology—an effort to be appreciated for its minimization of eye damage.
This model also has built-in speakers, but the sound quality is pretty much average. The company did not make a serious effort in expanding the adjustment options for its use as the stand allows little to no flexibility at all. The HDMI and VGA ports work great, and Vesa mount compatibility allows to free up some desk space.
For responsive gaming and a tight budget, this isn’t the worst option to choose. However, for professionals and normal users who value user-friendly technology, this 27-inch full HD monitor is the best choice to have.
- GREAT FOR HOME AND OFFICE: An ideal all around display for desktop, or laptop
- SEE THE DIFFERENCE: Razor sharp clarity and detail with Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A thin bezel IPS panel ensures stunning views no matter your vantage point. Compatibility PC Resolution (max) Up to 1920x1080 non interlaced. Mac Resolution (max) Up to 1920x1080
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VA2759 SMH supports laptops, PCs, Macs, and POS systems with HDMI, and VGA inputs
- INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTY: 3 year coverage with access to our US based customer service team
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: LCD Monitor, Power Cable, Audio Cable, and VGA Cable
7. BenQ ZOWIE RL2755 (Best Gaming Computer Monitor)
The company has gone beyond limits in order for its users to enjoy the best gaming experience. With one millisecond’s response time, only your pc would be at fault if your games still lag. This is the maximum you could get in such a tight budget. The 27-in model has full HD display and is also equipped with Black Equalizer technology to give an edge to its users in First-person shooting games. With Black equalizer the dark areas get brightened without serious changes to brightened ones, thus helping gamers to spot enemies better. As you might have guessed by now, the panel type is TN which is always preferred for competitive gaming. However, one must be wary of the glare that almost all TN display panels show.
The model is compatible with console platforms, making it an exclusive pc monitor for gaming. There are several relevant ports including HDMI and DVI; plus, speakers are also integrated into the mainframe. One must not be optimistic about the sound quality of speakers, and there is no reason it should be outstanding.
Although serious efforts are made to make it a full-fledge gaming monitor, the free sync or G-sync technology could have been icing on the cake.
One annoying aspect is the fixed stand that does not allow height adjustment. We can only adjust the screen by tilting it. It is also compatible with Vesa mount, so we can mount it on the wall easily.
BenQ ZOWIE RL2755 is fast; a genuine beast for gaming. If you have spent a huge sum of your money in beefing up your pc, and you are short of it, you could not resist buying BenQZOWIE RL2755 as it comes in such an affordable price range.
- 27" 1920 x 1080 (1080p) Full HD Display
- 1ms Response Time (GTG) to eliminate ghosting and lag, providing you the optimal console gaming experience.
- Exclusive Color Vibrance and Black eQualizer technology to enhance color representation and visual clarity, giving you the advantage on the battlefield.
- Optimized display presets for RTS, FPS, and Fighting Game modes, along with Smart Scaling/Display Mode to create custom screen sizes, giving users a complete customized viewing experience.
- Flicker free technology with a special bezel frame to minimize visual distractions and reduce eye strain, increasing your comfort for intensive gaming sessions.
- Compatible with Console and PC platforms with a compact slip-resistant base that provides ideal space for controller storage paired with full tilt adjustment, Dual HDMI ports, VESA compatibility, and built-in speakers.
8. Asus VG245H (Best Selling All Round Computer Monitor)
Asus VG245H is a 24-in monitor which is specifically designed for gamers. The product has been so successful that it gave serious competition to BenQ ZOWIE RL2755, and in practical terms outstripped the latter. Just like BenQ ZOWIE, it has an ultra-fast response time of 1 millisecond. It does not lag, and let down its users by “ghosting”. Display panel used in TN, but it managed to get rid of glare with anti-glare material. The display is standard Full HD, and refresh rate stands at 75 Hz. However, a little more extra cash can give you up to 144 Hz refresh rate with a slightly big screen of 27-in.
The competitive edge of this model over BenQ ZOWIE is its FreeSync compatibility. As already been discussed over and over again, FreeSync or G-sync allows monitors to have stuttered and flicker-free display with little to no choppy images.
One of its most important features is its stand that won the huge accolade for its ergonomic design. We can easily tilt or rotate, swivel or increase height without any serious limitations.
Eye damage, strain, and serious headache, all usually have one common cause: long-time exposure to shorter wavelengths. The blue light technology in Asus VG245H is there for users’ safety. Asus is among a few elite companies that take it upon itself to ensure its user’s wellbeing.
As Asus VG245H has been praised enough, now it is time to look at its downside. There is surprisingly none. Although many users were annoyed at first when they had to deal with its complex adjustment requirements, yet all were happily settled after it met their expectations.
I hate to be sitting on the fence, but Asus VG245H really put me in that position. It has a formidable competitor: BenQ ZOWIE. But, given the superior features of the former, and also for the love of Asus, I recommend gamers to go for Asus VG245H.
- 1ms response time featuring ASUS Game Fast Input Technology and dual HDMI ports for a smooth console gaming experience. The brightness is 250 cd/㎡
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue.Physical Dimension with Stand (WxHxD) : 22.0x(14.1 ~19.25)x 8.30 inches. Physical Dimension without Stand (WxHxD) : 22.0 x 12.95 x 1.96 inches
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Exclusive Game Visual & Game Plus functions to enhance color performance and control. FreeSync/Adaptive Sync technology with 75 Hertz refresh rate for a tear free experience with AMD Radeon GPUs
- Adaptive Sync (Free Sync) technology supported within 40 Hertz~75 Hertz for HDMI port
- Compliance and Standards Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level , CU, ErP, FCC, ISO 9241 307, J MOSS, KCC, PSE, Ukr SEPRO, UL/cUL, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7), MEPS, RCM, TUV Flicker free , eStandby, TUV Low Blue Light
9. LG 25UM58-P (Best Monitor With Split Screen Under 200)
LG did not exclusively project this model as an office or professional monitor, rather it went on to capture a bigger market of gaming. The on-screen controls allow several gaming modes, and the black equalizer technology gives gamers an overwhelming advantage to spot an enemy in the dark. Yet, there is a catch: the low response time—of 5 milliseconds—causes a shocking lag. The image updates slowly which could be disastrous in competitive gaming. Apart from this major drawback, the other features are up to par e.g. LG has managed to maintain a 75 Hertz refresh rate to eclipse its shortcomings.
LG 25UM58-P has standard HDMI ports and has no integrated speakers. It has Vesa mount compatibility, and its stand offers a great degree of tilt adjustment.
In spite of the fact that LG did not classify the purpose of model 25UM58-P—gaming or otherwise—I will only recommend professionals to buy this one. It has all that you can possibly imagine in this budget range.
- 21:9 UltraWide IPS Display
- sRGB over 99 percent
- PIP mode in Screen Split. Response Time 5ms (High). Brightness (cd/m2) 250(Typ), 200(min) cd/m2
- Game Mode.Black Stabilizer. Compatibility Windows 10. Set the color to 24 bit
- Without Stand W*H*D 24 x 2.2 x 11.3 inches. With Stand (WxHxD) 24 x 7.4 x 15.1 inches
10. Acer XFA240 (Best Budget Computer Monitor)
Acer XFA240 is among the elite category of gaming monitors. It is affordable, fast and absolutely user-friendly. The below 200$ tag is enough to consider it affordable for a majority of users. When I said fast, I meant it. With 1 millisecond minimal response time and 144 Hertz gigantic refresh rate, it significantly smoothens the display. Given your pc is beefed enough to match the refresh rate of this monitor, you would have a remarkable advantage over a vast majority of users whose monitors are operating at a low refresh rate. The monitor has an integrated NVidia G-sync technology so we can have a stutter and tear-free display. To protect its users, Acer has eye-protect technology integrated into this model. Users can enjoy hours long of gaming without strain, headache or eye damage, thanks to its Eye protect and Blue Light Filter.
One important element where Acer has always aced is the frame of supportive gadgets. This model comes with a sturdy stand that offers a whole different range of options. You would be surprised to rotate your monitor screen up to 90 degrees. Also, you can tilt, swivel and adjust the height on a whim. The monitor is Vesa mount compatible, so you can also adjust it on to your wall. Both Display Port and HDMI ports are there to bring you stunning visual and audio experience.
Now, we can look at the compromises Acer had to make to build such a remarkable product. The monitor design is unimpressive. The screen size is 24-in, which should have been a little bit larger. The LED light is a bit of nuisance, and setting manual is not user-friendly. But these minor deficiencies can be overlooked when the product is efficiently serving the ultimate purpose—gaming.
- 24 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen TN G SYNC compatible display
- 144Hz refresh rate using Display port | response time: 1ms. Input Voltage: 120 V AC, 230 V AC
- Height, pivot, swivel and tilt | viewing angles: 170° horizontal and 160° vertical
- 2 x 2 watt speakers | panel Type: TN | colors supported: 16. 7 million | brightness: 350 nit
- Signal inputs: 1 x Display Port (V1. 2), 1 x HDMI/MHL and 1 x DVI
- Mounting Type: VESA mounting compatible (100 x 100mm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the better choice between TN, IPS, and VA panel?
Ans. For gamers, TN> VA> IPS. On the contrary, for graphic professionals, IPS> VA> TN. Recall
- TN is fast
- VA is hybrid
- IPS is color-rich.
- What is the significance of the monitor stand?
A good monitor stand—usually comes with ergonomic design—allows you a lot of maneuverability: you can tilt, swivel, rotate or adjust the height of the monitor. It helps to minimize excessive pain due to constantly keeping your head/body in a fixed position.
- What is adaptive synchronization technology and how does it affect monitor performance?
Adaptive synchronization technology allows monitors to refresh at the same rate as that of GPU’s. It eliminates flicker, tearing and input lag; therefore gives a competitive advantage to gamers.
- Does size matter or resolution?
Actually, both matter. A large monitor size allows the screen to appear big thus helps in visibility; high resolution, on the other hand, allows a lot of items to fit on the screen and also sharpen the display.
- What should be the response time and refresh rate for gaming?
The good response time is the least one, the good refresh rate is the highest. Anything below 2 milliseconds is good response time, while 75 Hertz is the baseline of refresh rate for gaming. The refresh rate of your GPU also has a huge impact on your performance—it is the real shot caller. So if your pc specifications are not at par with that of your monitor, you will continue to have lagged in your gaming despite a high performing monitor.
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API