Are you looking for the best kids smartwatch having some special features like GPS, fitness tracking, cell phone calls, text messages, reminders, camera, games and lot more?
Read this buying guide, I’m sure you’ll get the top-notch smartwatch for your loved one.
The nature of kids pass times has evolved over the years. While traditionally, they were to play on streets and roads with plenty of friends, it has now transited to activities which, more or less, are integrated with technological advancements. Be it touring the city over the hoverboard, cycling on a hybrid, convertible bicycle or playing engrossing video games on an X-Box, having challenge battles of bay blades with friends or cheering the features of each other’s smartwatches.
Yes, the smartwatches have been the new “cool” for kids since the last half-decade. It is their usability, practicality and teaching aspect that have convinced parents to purchases these gadgets for their younger ones. From fitness activities to playing games, from responding to notifications, sending their location back home, call to parents; best kids smartwatches have got everything.
After thorough research and screening, we have shortlisted the best selling, top rated, and trending kids smartwatches for detailed reviews. Before, catching up on the products, let us first discuss what a good smartwatch for kid possesses.
Top 3 Best Selling Kids Smartwatches List
If you’re in a hurry and want to purchase a gift for your toddler then any of these best selling smartwatches for kids available on Amazon would be a better choice.
Best Kid’s Smartwatch Must Have Features
1. Laden with games and activities: That’s probably the pivotal consideration. We will be talking about smartwatches for kids till the age of 12 because it’s the age when you can make or break their process of cognitive development, constructive and competitive mindset and physical nourishment. Games would include physical challenges like running, jogging, sit-ups and mind activities like math calculations, everyday questions, situation-based quizzes and much more. You would want smartwatches to teach your kids the exact same things that you would, in your absence.
2. Waterproof feature: We want our kids to learn swimming because it is one of the most healthy exercises and makes them fight against emergency situations as well but there should be something keeping them focused on this process. The smartwatches with their swimming tracking or challenges can do that for you and to do so, they must be water-resistant. Only a rating of 1 ATM would do.
3. GPS tracking is significant: Parent needs to have a sharp eye on their small kids so that they don’t get involved in unethical practices. GPS in smartwatch allows you to monitor the current location of the child on your mobile phone so you always have him under the supervision. It also becomes useful when he/she is in an emergency and needs some sort of help or first aid.
4. Good battery life: Smartwatches can be so engaging that your kids wouldn’t want to take them off even at night and interact with it as the first thing in the morning. Therefore, it should have an extended battery life with little charging time. With the boost in tech, it isn’t much of a problem nowadays to manufacture such watches but extensive use does wear the most reliable batteries too.
5. Durability: Yes, it is absolutely undeniable. Children like to fall, skid and slip which would incur contact of hard surfaces with their smartwatches so it needs to be prepared for that. Most watches are crafted out of Gorilla glass which is scratch less and durable with rubber bodies that have the ability to absorb impact.
Extra Features For Kid’s Smart Watch Phone
So, if you have decided to make a purchase of kid’s smart watch phone, then, I recommend you to read below mentioned must-have features before buying.
I’m sure you’ll not regret.
1. Two-way calling: Communication is the basic feature that makes this gadget a replacement for smartphones. Parents want to know where their kids are and have full awareness of their situation. Smartwatches for kids must have a system whereby both parties can come in contact with each other. Some even have the option of voice notes in addition to the voice calls.
2. SOS: If your kids find themselves in god forbidden situations, they must know a way of notifying the concerned authority. It can be the police or the parents so SOS feature is very important in these types of gadgets. This feature ensures that the concerned authorities are alarmed about any unfortunate incident.
3. Other features: These include a camera, alarm, reminders, and games. All of these capabilities should be a part of the watch so that the kid is not bored with the gadget and can enjoy a constructive partnership with it. Moreover, it must have a good battery life because your kid won’t like to be separated from it once he starts liking it. Ratings of 400-500mAh or higher are acceptable.
Top 14 Best Kids Smartwatches In 2019
Best Kids Smartwatch Reviews (For 3-12 Year Old)
1. vTechKidizoom DX2 (Top Rated Kids Smartwatch Under $100)
Priced below $100 and designed to be visually appealing, this watch will certainly be a treat for your kids. It has been reviewed by almost 230+ customers to date and received a whopping 4.2+ star rating.
Starting with its touch-sensitive screen, it is quite vibrant and bright which is exactly how little kids want it. We would recommend this watch for 4 to 12 year old children because of the level of activities it is integrated with. Swiping down will take you to the mute option and swiping up will have a voice tell you the time at the moment. To try out various analog watch faces, you need to swipe left that opens a collection of interesting and colorful displays of ships, dinosaurs, and fairylands whereas swiping right will open the collection of digital watch faces. It is an engaging user interface to teach your kids how to tell the time in both formats.
Going more deeply, it contains plenty of games which also includes an AR monster-catching game whereby your kid can catch real-world monsters. There are plenty of others with reference to educational point-of-view for example, number games, English sentences games and quizzes. Too much of the excitement, two cameras are incorporated in this smartwatch which can take selfies and portrait photos both. There is a feature that adds funny filters to your clicked pictures like rabbit ears and owl eyes; its fittingly cheerful.
As for fitness tracking, the watch is integrated with a pedometer that counts steps and daily activity tasks for the physical development of the user. The pedometer, however, is not very accurate but who wants it to be precise until it’s getting your kid moving, right? You children can execute daily challenges and win points which inspires them to toil more.
The rubber strap accounts for comfortable wear while it’s also splash-proof but not advisable for use in water. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a GPS so it can’t tell the location of the user. Also, the rubber lock that shields the USB charging port is a bit flimsy and have to be handled with the care that it doesn’t get detached from the watch.
- Two cameras allow you to take videos, pictures and selfies that can be customized and made into new Watch faces
- Helps kids learn to tell time with 55 digital and analog watch faces that they can customize; splash proof for everyday play, splash and sweat proof; do not submerge and not suitable for showering Or bathing
- Monster catcher game creates an augmented reality gaming experience where you can capture monsters in the real world
- Includes a motion sensor for active play challenges, a pedometer to count your steps and fun sound effects, features a parental controls setting to limit the play time
- Using the included Micro-USB cable, upload photos and videos, recharge the battery and download extra free content like games and seasonal clock faces from VTech learning lodge. Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2 is intended for ages 4 to 12 years. Online exclusive colors are also available in camouflage and pink. Product Dimensions: 8.9" X 1.8" X 0.7"
2. Pebble Time Smartwatch (Best Kids iPhone & Android Smartwatch)
Carrying a weight of only 42 grams and immersed in a square-shaped screen, Pebble Watch for kids have a stainless-steel bezel, 4 control buttons, an interface that is easy to understand and entertainment-cum-educational features that are ideal for your kid.
Starting with the UI, it has something called a timeline UI where each app is arranged one above the other. Touch sensitivity is absent so you have to control the navigation through 4 control buttons: 3 on the right side and one back button on the left.
As for the features, your kid can send and reply to text messages via preset texts or voice control. It is compatible with all AT&T iOS and Android Phones and supports Google features like Gmail, Facebook, and Messenger. There are a set of games which he/she can enjoy including chess, snake, Flappy Bird and tens of others. Of course, you can download plenty of others by syncing the watch with its companion app, through Bluetooth on the smartphone. On the app, you can choose various watch faces and ask your children which one they like. There are theme-based watch faces too whereby the character on the display changes with each progressive minute. Other apps like MisFit, ESPN, and Jawbone can also be downloaded.
Pebble Health is an activity-based app which will prompt your kid to go through physical activities like running, jumping, cycling, doing squats and push-ups. There is an option of notifications from a specific forum like Tech website or news channel which can be displayed on the screen and then there is a series of general operations like calculator and reminders. Pebble Watch has a phenomenal battery life of 5 days along with the option of deactivating the functions, using it as a normal wristwatch and having it go for additional 2 days. This is the longest battery timing of all the smartwatches for kids in this list.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a GPS so you can not track the location of your kid. Also, the design of the watch is not very funky and is really a smartwatch for 10-12years old.
- Notifications at a glance: calendar events, text and emails, incoming calls, and more.
- Includes Pebble Health, a built-in activity and sleep tracker with daily reports and weekly insights.
- Water resistant to 30 meters
- Built-In microphone for voice notes and quick replies
3. Enow Kids Smartwatch (Cheapest Kids Smartwatch 2019)
There is seldom anything your kid can’t do with this smartwatch. From voice calling to taking pictures, playing games and monitoring their real-time location, it can do everything.
Available in two colors of blue and pink, it features a square-shaped display screen and a rubber strap. There is a camera, SOS button for emergency cases and flashlight on the right side of the watch and a set of speakers up and below the screen.
As is as a smartwatch for kids with sim, you can enjoy two way calling so interconnection with your kid would never break. It includes a voice monitoring feature which takes a number as input and whenever it is called with, the watch answers it without any prior reminder. Parents can set their number on this app and talk to their kid whenever the like. Up to 10 numbers can be saved in the watch. SOS dedicated button will prompt the child to dial an emergency number while he is trapped in an unfortunate accident. It is advised to install SpeedTalk Micro-SIM but that can change according to the GSM connection of your specific area.
For tracking the location of the kid, it is equipped with LBS positioning mechanism which will enable you to view the coordinates of his location. It is not as accurate as of the GPS but gets the job done, nevertheless. It’s the camera which adds enhanced utility to this watch. Kids can enjoy with their friends by taking funny pictures, adding frames to them and share them with each other. There is a parental control mechanism attached to the camera by which you can control the camera through your phone’s App. Upon sensing the signal, it will sync with the phone immediately.
Other than that, you can also set prescribed times of deactivation of the watch to ensure that your children don’t use it while they are in school, or in their tutorial classes. A feature also allows the parents to set a safe limit on the smartwatch; if the kid moves away from that range, it will alert you through the App. It has to be said that amongst all the enlisted models, this watch offers the most extensive parental control options.
Moreover, it is incorporated with captivating games, low battery theme which downgrades the brightness and operational speed of the watch and “Looking for device” feature that can help you to find the watch through App. It has to keep in mind that it isn’t waterproof and there were some complaints about the difficulty customers encountered while connecting it with their GSM connections.
4. Kurio Watch (Best Smartwatch For 8-10 Years Old Kids)
Kids at the age of 8-10 love to play with their friends, they take excitement in jumping around lawns and garden and are thrilled to be involved in running games. This smartwatch is ideally suited for that age.
Available in two bright colors, it features a square, much larger screen with full touch sensitivity.
But why did we say that it is suited for 8-10 year old kids?
Well, that’s because of its features. It is integrated with a 0.3MP front camera that can be used to take selfies, add filters to it and send to friends via Bluetooth. If our kid likes to play capturing games which involve thieves and police characters, the messaging options can come in to play with great effect. They can imitate the use of walkie talkies by sending texts, doodles, and emojis to each other. This would surely make their playing time much realistic and more fun. The same connectivity can be used to answer calls and respond to notifications.
In addition, the smartwatch is loaded with about 20 preinstalled games that can be played as single or multiplayer; yet another method of collaborating with friends. The motion-sensor incorporated within the watch would prompt them to play active games like skipping or running for a specific time.
Internal memory of 256MB can further be increased by the insertion of an SD card where you can store poems or music files for your child. One of the important features is the I.C.E app which is actually an App that would be used in emergency situations where critical details of the kid will already be installed like contact numbers and medical issues if any. In case the child loses his way, the person who finds him can check his watch and call the parents.
- The Kurio Watch is a real smartwatch with a high-res touch screen, 256MB internal memory, plus an extra 32Gm of memory with the micro sadhu card slot, USB cable and a Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Includes productivity tools - Alarm clock, calendar, contacts, calculator, an activity Tracker and much more! entertainment features such as music player, camera & video, messaging, photo editor
- Plus, the Kurio Watch is packed with over 20 games & apps. Play games in single and 2-player mode or use the built-in motion sensor to play active games
- Use Bluetooth technology to send messages and make phone calls to other Kurio Watches & Android devices. Send pictures, emojis, Doodles, texts and more through the watch's messaging features!
- The watch features an in case of an emergency (I.C.E.) app, where parents can enter their child's critical Data - from emergency contacts to medical information
5. MeritSoar Touch Screen Smartwatch (For 3-12 Years Boy’s & Girls)
It’s the attractive band and the dial of the watch that first takes the attention of the viewer and then it’s precisely managed features that make it a potential purchase for the parents who are looking for a decent smartwatch for their kids.
Available in six different color combinations, the beauty of this smartwatch will surely catch the attention of your child. Then, there is the two-way calling function whereby both parties can contact each other. Text messaging and voice notes are additional modes of communication. The SOS functionality appears with an improved effect because pressing it would call 3 number alternatively in 2 rounds which enhances the likelihood that the emergency call is received by the saved contacts.
For children who love taking selfies and pictures, there is a camera on the right side for them. Simply turn it on and they can take pictures with their friends while playing games, watching a cartoon movie or feeding the pets. You get a 1GB free SD card which will store all the pictures and they can be transferred to any laptop or PC.
An audio player will further enhance the excitement of your kid for this watch. It has the ability to play his favorite poems, music while the recorder can record his voice. The most unique feature of this watch is the fitness tracker. It is integrated with a pedometer that can count the steps taken by the child and the calories burned. It is a very interactive tool as you can convince your child to run or walk a certain number of steps per day so that his good health is ensured.
It doesn’t have a GPS tracker but tracks the location via LBS system which is not very accurate. It is more used for indoor tracking. Bluetooth connectivity enables you to connect with any external device and play the songs you or your kid desires. In addition to it, you get the advantage of a flashlight and multiple themes to choose from for the display. All in all, it has many things to make it the choice you desire.
- 📸Camera&Recorder&Mp3 Player: With Free 1GB Micro SD card, you can take selfie pictures, record your voice, and save in the watch. You can via sd card reader to upload the pictures and voice on your pc. You can play the music in the memory cardby selecting Audio Player (Note: The watch only supported *.mp3 files please copy to sd card- "My Music" folder before playing.).
- 📞Two Way Communication: Kids can make and received call via parents have set contacts phone number. MOREOVER, When kids in danger. Setting emergency function that press SOS Key for 3 seconds in any mode, it will call 3 phone numbers for SOS calls alternatively in 2 rounds until answering the call. Certainly for emergency situation. IN ADDITION, Parents can via app to send voice /Text message to kids.
- 🏃Fitness Tracker: The activity watch will count your steps and calories works with stopwatch, with health monitor to tracking your pedometer, Exercise, Distance, Sleep Monitor. In addition, you can use music player sports watch during do your exercise.
- Kids Music Watch: New Release Upgrade kids smartwathes, built-in Micro SD and 3.5MM Earphone Jack, with Bluetooth functions, kids can listen the music via bluetooth headphone or 3.5mm earphone, enjoy the music right now! Other various functions: music player, FM, LBS tracker locator, fitness tracker, pedometer, one key sos, camera, remote monitor, stopwatch, Bluetooth, flashlight, 2 theme. Compatible with iPhone and Android phone, suit for back to school boys & girls age 4-12 Y/O.
- 🌎Note:The watch Worked as unlocked GSM Phone, supported Nano SIM Card, We provide Smartwatch only but without SIM Card, please buy extra GSM network SIM Card,We'd like to recommend to use SPEEDTALK SIM when you in US(Powered by T-mobile Network).NOT SUPPORTED:AT&T,VERIZON,SPRINT. Other Country please info us your country and sim carriers before your order, not supported in AK,ND(US)，Colombia, Costa Rica, China mainland, Singapore, South Korea, Australia.
Best Kids Smart Watch Phone Reviews
6. Ojoy A1 (Best Smartwatch For Kids With Sim)
If you want a smartwatch for kids with sim, here is the model for you. We regard this as the best substitute for a mobile phone because it is furnished with many of the related features including GSM technology, 4G LTE, Wifi and GPS tracking.
While there is plenty to talk about this feature-laden watch, let’s begin with its hardware. With a 1.4-inch display screen to view everything in a sharp, dazzling way, it has the ability to take pictures owing to its 2MP camera. Two control buttons with one assigned to the menu and other to the back option make accessibility a simple task. Nano SIM can be inserted in the port present at the left side.
Once operational, the real magic begins. Ojoy A1 has an intuitive interface with animated screens that grasps the interest of the kid. Up to 10 family members and countless friends can be saved in the contact folder and put on the main screen so that calling them doesn’t take long. Parental control is established by an app called ‘Buddy’ which is installed on the smartphone which monitors the real-time location of the user if the GPS is on. An intelligent feature of this app is it asks the mobile user to enter a pin before use so that if the phone gets stolen, the thief won’t be able to see the location of your kid. The ‘MagicSchool’ app is an interactive platform for the skill building of your kid where he can upstream his basic cognitive aptitude apart from preinstalled games in the watch.
Additionally, your kid can share videos and photos with their loved ones, set alarms for breakfast or school, indulge in daily fitness routines and chat with you while he is away. The text messaging platform enables you to send written texts, voice mails and emojis hence there is every expression you want. We read the reviews and went through technical accounts of this watch only deducing that connectivity with 3G or 4G is not an issue for this smartwatch. Built with durable materials to counter falls, impact, and scratches, the only con is its battery timing. You have to charge it almost daily but is a good thing in a way that your kid would learn to be responsible for the battery of his watch which is a pretty significant trait to develop within themselves.
- PERFECT CHILD WATCH - OJOY kids smartwatch is the best cell phone alternative for kids. It has 1.4 inches retina display, 2MP camera, 4G LTE, 3G, GSM network support and Wi-Fi, and 800mAh battery. Ideal for kids aged 5 to 10 years old. It is a great solution for both parents and children.
- CHILD SAFETY IS A PRIORITY - With the OJOY kids smartwatch, you can give your children freedom while ensuring their safety. It tracks their activity and enables them to reach you with a simple voice call or message.
- KIDS GPS TRACKER - The OJOY kids smartwatch is interconnected with the user-friendly android and ios app, which allows you to track your kid's location, and check location history throught the day. With a simple click, you can locate your child position and be there for them when needed.
- BETTER ORGANIZATION - Manage calendar activities, set school and after-school activities with Ojoy watch App, and your child will receive reminders that keeps them on track. In addition to other cool features such as an alarm, stopwatch, step count, and the kids friendly interface.
- EASY SETUP, GLOBAL NETWORK SUPPORT - It can used in most of the countries with GSM networks. Supported network frequencies: 4G LTE bands 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600);3G WCDMA: B1/B2/B4/B5/B8, 2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900. USA customers, please purchase SIM card from T-Mobile or SpeedTalk. Only smartphone SIM, DO NOT USE "T-Mobile Smartwatch SIM card". Outside of USA, please check with your carrier for 4G LTE bands. More info, contact [email protected]
7. YENISEY (Best Smartwatch For Kids To Call Parents)
Available in multiple vibrant colors and a large 1.54-inch screen, this is a decent watch for kids to call parents. Obviously, you have the option to use it as an entertainment watch as well without the sim card. The reader is informed that it lacks any sort of a GPS tracker so you can not track the location of your child.
It has a two-way calling mechanism so your kid can call you if he is in a problem or want your advice and can also receive your call if you want him to return home from the ground early someday. Only 2G or Speedtalk SIM card will work in this watch so it is advisable that you first investigate about the GSM compatibility of your area.
For the fun part, it has about 7 pre-installed puzzle games that your kid can play and enjoy. These animated games will shape their cognitive abilities and develop a constructively competitive mindset. A 1 GB SD card enables the kid to store his favorite jingles and listen to them while playing or studying. Within the phone settings, you need to download the music files in ‘My Music’ folder otherwise they won’t be visible on the watch.
In addition, the user can set alarms and employ the voice recorder. There is even a 0.2 MP camera so kids can take selfies and add filters to them. It’s a fun activity for children to view each other’s funny pictures while sitting together. There are many watch watches, both analog and digital, which can be set and shown to friends in school and playground. As a whole, it is a simple smartwatch for kids with sim and games. The biggest cons of the product are the non-availability of a GPS tracker and fitness tracking feature. Had they been included; it would have received even more recognition.
8. TickTalk 3 (Best Video Calling Kids Smartwatch)
Purposefully lined with superior features, TickTalk 3 was manufactured with the aim to be a wholesome package for both kids and parents. With nylon wrist bands that are switchable, your kid can wear this comfortable watch in the color de desires.
Most significantly, integrated within this smartwatch, is a 2-way video calling function that lets you talk with your kid. Parents would have an App on their phones and the kids will simply use their screen to respond to them. Whether he is away for holidays or in his school, you can remain updated and discuss if he has some issues. Kids can also call their parents but only if their parents have unlocked the Dialpad on the watch through the App hence it also promotes parental control.
The watch is not affiliated with any wireless carrier so you either have to choose the Red Pocket carrier which is compatible with AT&T & T-Mobile network or get your own carrier if you are registered as an AT&T user. It also supports messaging options, both text and verbal. There is also a list of preset texts like “I’ll call you later” and “I am in office” which both parties (kid and parent) can use. Pressing the SOS button will instantly send a notification to parents with their kid’s real-time location in case of emergency.
Talking about the other features, you can set alarms and reminders, switch between wallpapers, see weather forecasts and use the calculator. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have any games which is a bummer. To locate the position of your kid, it has a much faster 4G-powered locater which will provide an accurate, 100m-error location on your phone. This smartwatch is more of an interconnector between the parents and children. Its IP67 waterproof smartwatch for kids but they must not wear it when in the swimming pool.
- FACETALK:2-way video calling feature, face to face video talk with your child anytime anywhere. It will support a 800×480 dpi resolution. Go data free with Wi-Fi connectivity. It's the first and only kids' watch phone that can make video calls smoothly in the US.
- MESSAGINGS: The new instant message center comes with 2-way text messages, voice messages, photos and emojis. Available for individual or group chat. The TickTalk3 allows child to send the preset text messages, like "I'm on the school bus." "I'll call you later." "Just arrived." Plus more.
- LOCATOR: Due to the 4G reception, the new locator is 50% faster than our prior model and it's more accurate. It also, allows parents to locate multiple watches on the same map.Input the time you want, playback where had the child been.
- IP67 WATERPROOF: The TickTalk3 is safeguarded with IP67 waterproof technology, protecting it from rain, pool side splashes, or if it is dropped accidentally in a body of water.
- REPLACEABLE BAND: The TickTalk3 comes with switchable wallpapers and a trendy and durable nylon wrist band with a velcro fastener to match the stylish replaceable wrist bands.
9. JS-S11 (Best All Round Kids Phone Smart Watch)
Serving as a complete substitute for the mobile phone, this watch contains everything from 2-way calling to fitness tracking and camera. Available for $50, this might just be the smartwatch for you.
Primarily, it is enabled with two-way calling whereby kids can make and answer calls from 10 saved numbers. They can also communicate via short voice messages which are not only an effective but fun mode of communication as well. In an emergency, kids can press the SOS button on the side of the watch for 3 seconds which will call three numbers sequentially in two rounds which increases the probability of emergency numbers being ringed.
Then, there is the GPS+LBS tracking which, more accurately locates kid’s location. It gives results with an error of the only 100m while error count with the LBS system is around 0.5 miles. Kid’s location is viewable to parents on the app.
A smartwatch for kids is not convenient unless it is laden with gaming features and JS-S11 has been designed keeping this in mind. The screen is touch-sensitive so puzzles, number, and animation games can be easily played by your little ones which enhances their cognitive development and rational thinking. On-board camera can be used to capture fun moments and take pictures while children play together. In addition to it, standard features like to-do-list, calendar, and stopwatch are included within.
Fitness tracking, though not very extensive further increases the utility of this smartwatch. It includes a pedometer and sleep monitor whereby you may check your kid’s steps and time of sleep. An intelligent feature integrated into the gadget is the Do-not-disturb function which allows the parents to lock all capabilities of the watch during the kid’s study time. Only the SOS function gets unlocked.
Sim has to be purchased separately for JS-S11 it takes 2 hours for the watch to get fully charged.
- 📱Kids smartwatch:**Click Special offers to get a Extra FREE Charge Cable to add to cart at checkout.** New coming, our children watch has update new functions, compare with our old models, this watch has update the time functions into 12hrs, and re-design the analog clock, it's easy to learn the time. With Truly GPS +1.4" HD Arc Touch Screen, this watch are more powerful than the olds. With the new design, the watches are support IP67 Waterproof.
- 🚩GPS+LBS Tracker:**Require SIM, sold alone.** With GPS chip inside, the watch location will more accurately than single LBS model. When you're outdoor or good signal place, the gps tracker error will be less than 100meter/330ft; when you indoor or poor gps signal place, the error will be 0.5-4 miles when in the LBS(location base on cellphone tower).Enables you to stay connected, whether your child is inside or outside a building. The watch can track and locate your child's position by GPS, LBS.
- 📞Two Way Communication: Kids can make and received call via parents have set contacts phone number. MOREOVER, When kids in danger. Setting emergency function that press SOS Key for 3 seconds in any mode, it will call 3 phone numbers for SOS calls alternatively in 2 rounds until answering the call. Certainly for emergency. IN ADDITION, Parents can via app to send voice /Text message to kids.
- Smartwatch for Boys Girls: The other functions will help your children to manage the time. The watch can set 3 Alarm, 3 Sos Number,10 Contacts; everything you can control in the app, like Location Position, History Route Check, Set The Electronic Geo-Fence, Group Voice Chat etc. The children can play through the touch screen and select the puzzle games, help to improve the intelligent of the child, increase sensitivity to numbers, exercise their ability to respond, logical thinking and hand-eye
- 🔇 Silent Mode: When kids at school or class, parents don not needs worry about the watch will bother children study. Parents can set 3 period time on "Do Not Disturb" mode. This function will forbidden all features like call, game, camera, flashlight, but except SOS functions.
10. SZBXD Smartwatch (Best Budget Kids Phone Watch)
Looking for a precise kid’s smartwatch with GPS tracker? Perhaps you would want to have a look at this model. Equipped with a double-tacking mechanism constituting of LBS and GPS, this watch will always keep you updated about the location of your little ones.
SZBXD Smartwatch supports both LBS and GPS signals. It will track the location using GPS by default but when the quality of signals is weak in an area, it would quickly switch to LBS positioning. Of course, this system isn’t that accurate and will incur an error of 200-300m but it’s better to have an approximation rather than nothing.
It has to be noted that it only supports T-Mobile and SpeedTalk SIM cards so you have to choose one of the monthly subscriptions. Once you have activated the watch, you can call your kids from phone or chat with them through text message. The kid would love the flashlight in the watch which they can excitedly utilize when playing different games inside or outside the house. To engage them educationally, there are mathematical games which help them build their skills. There will only be 1-2 preinstalled games in the watch but you can download more through the App.
In addition, the front camera can take pictures which they can exhibit to their friends. There is an alarm clock to for important occasions, and the SOS number which will alert you immediately if the kid is in a problem. It has a battery life of 24-30 hours so definitely has to be changed every alternate day if used normally.
- 🚩MORE FUNCTIONS THAN YOU IMAGINE🚩: Now we have set up 16 main functions on this watch: LBS location, Phone book,Talk-back, Footprint , Watch alarm clock, Safe area, SOS emergency alarm, Low-power, Alarm, Remote shutdowm, Lighting, Game, Camera, Photo album, Theme, Stopwatch, Self dialing. More functions are available on our APP, please download new version in time.
- 🚩LBS+AGPS LOCATION🚩: Built-in double Mode Global Positioning System, Bring double Safety to Children.When Kids indoor or poor gps signal place, the watch will work on LBS mode, provide an approximately position, the error will be caused by local signal place, error will be 0.3 ~ 4 miles. [Notes: ] We recommend GPS location for outdoor using LBS location for indoor using.
- 🚩GREAT GIFTS FOR EACH LOVELY KIDS🚩:Not only that just a smart watch, but also belong to the child's own private phone. This is a great gift for every child to enjoy entertainment and learning. This phone watch is the best gift from parents for children to enjoy entertainment and learning at any time. Low-radiation, parents' best choice. Communicate with your child is very simple, you can talk with your child anytime and anywhere to share the mood
- 🚩KINDLY NOTE🚩: 1.We recommend the following SIM cards when you use in USA:a. SpeedTalk Mobile Card which has a $5 plan.b. T-Mobile Prepaid Complete SIM Starter Kit SIM Card. 2. Saving telephone numbers in the SeTracker App setting's telephone, kids can answer and receive calls, but when saving in the contacts, kids can only receive calls, can't make calls.
- 🚩AFTER-SALES WARM SERVICE🚩:The network mode of this kid smart watch phone is GSM 2G .The call function of the is only activated after a Micro SIM card is inserted. Please look for the smart watch sold by the SZBXD brand, we will provide you with a one-year warranty. If you meet some problem in setting the watch. Before returning it back. We will make a reply in 24 hours to help you to solve the problem.
11. Guanlv Smart Wrist Watch
Available in two colors of blue and yellow, this 1.54-inch display smartwatch is an attractive gadget for your kids to have. Alongside the alluring representation and gaming features of this watch, it provides smartphone functions like call and camera.
The 1.54-inch color display supports touch sensitivity which is quite engaging for little kids. They can play number games on it, use the calculator and switch to different music files stored in the 32MB memory. Owing to its 0.3 Megapixel camera, kids can capture their playtimes with it.
It only supports 2G connectivity and phone calls can be made by using this GSM technology. Parents can save a limited number of contacts in the phone which can be accessed by your kid. He may talk to you through the integrated microphone although we are not sure if it supports video calling.
In addition, it offers functions like recording which parents can use to engage their children in interactive learning; you can record a useful lesson for your or a poem and have him memorize it in a day or two. Then, there are 7 onboard games like Pinball, Shoot Master, Basketball and Bee War. It enhances their sensitivity controls and general thinking processes. An alarm clock and reminder can make them remember important tasks like study time or feeding the pet.
It is constructed with a soft material which is not harmful to the skin, it can be bent and twisted because many kids like to play with their watch’s band. It offers a battery timing of about 20 hours and is charged using a standard 2.0 USB cable. Unfortunately, it is not integrated with tracking capabilities which may be a deal-breaker for many customers. But, one can take nothing away from the other features it offers. It can be a perfect partner for your kid.
- BEST GIFT: 2019 New release!1.54 inch color high-definition touch screen smart watch, showing delicate and realistic, easy to touch and slide operation, convenient for children to use, is the best gift for children.
- MAIN FUNCTIONS : Our kids smart watch has built in 10 main functions such as call, camera, game, alarm clock, calculation, music. A timed alarm clock can develop a child's sense of time. The camera allows children to record their own real-time scenes and share their daily lives with their families.
- PARENT-CHILD INTERACTION: Smart watches can store contact information of relatives and friends, allowing children and parents and friends to communicate with each other by phone. Let the children talk to their parents anytime, anywhere, share the feelings of both parties, care about the situation, and promote the feelings of both parties.
- SAFETY MATERIAL: Children's smart watches use safe materials, parents do not have to worry about long-term wear will affect their health, you can use with confidence. With waterproof and sweat-proof function, the surface of the smart watch can resist rain during daily play.
- EASY TO SET UP : No need download any APP, this type watch can not sync with cellphone.The watch just supports 2G network, If you need use the watch call function, please first check on speedtalk Coverage Map.
12. PHRtoy Smart Game Watch For Kids
This is yet another smartwatch which lacks tracking capabilities but is accessorized otherwise. Company claims to have preserved the call quality and personal data by not integrating the GPS within this watch.
Starting with the two-way calling function, it is a good substitute for a smartwatch. It only supports micro SIM card which has to be purchased separately that works on the 2G cellular network. Your kids can call 10 saved contacts n the phone and talk to them in exactly the same way they do on a mobile. The SOS emergency feature is activated by pressing the home button twice. This would call 911 or a dedicated number you saved parallel to SOS option.
A front 0.3MP camera takes the pictures of your kid’s favorite pass times. It could be playing in the garden or flying high on wings in an Adventureland. These can be shown to friends, charmed with funny filters and get involved in a laughter-lighten conversation. You would also get a Micro SD card which has a memory of 16GB within which you can store countless files.
7 pre-installed games on the watch ensure that your kid never gets bored with this watch. It includes racing, scrolling, and movement games which sharpens his sensory mental development. It can be played easily on the 1.54-inch touch-sensitive screen. In addition, it contains an audio player which can record your poems, his funny conversations and much more and a to-do-list that makes him/her memorize important tasks of the day.
Weighing only 38g and a battery timing of a day, it supports 8 different languages. Another good thing about this phone watch is it’s flexible built. Kids love moving around, climbing and crawling and a watch constructed with brittle material is very likely to be broken but not this one. It has a nice, soft band and a spongy perimeter around the display screen as well.
- CELL PHONE WATCH - This is a phone watch for kids, only need to insert SIM card. You can make phone call directly from the smart watch and you also can set 10 contact list to store. The kids smart watch support 2G GSM network not support 3G or 4G. We only provide the watch without a SIM card included. Please PURCHASE one 2G Micro SIM card and activate basic CALLER-ID service from your local Cellphone provider. Speedtalk 2G SIM card which powered by T-Mobile is recommended for purchasing.
- SOS EMERGENCY CALL - This watch support SOS alarm (click home button twice in a row), it is used for emergency, give children more protection.
- CAMERA FOR KIDS - This smart watch with camera, audio player. One 16GB Micro SD card is FREE included which used for store photos, music. Children can take a picture and listen to music anywhere.
- 7 FUNNY GAMES - Kids smartwatches have 2048, Schulte Grid , Brick Game using Numbers to exercise children's reaction ability and thinking logic.
- AFTER SALES SERVICES -You can enjoy worry-free after-sales services which refers to refund or replacement within 90 days and 1 year warranty. With an FBA local warehouse delivery, you can enjoy fast delivery
13. CMKJ Kids Smartwatch
Light on the pocket, attractive on the wrist and extensive on the functionality, this smartwatch is a convenient option for your kid.
Supported by 2G cellular connectivity, it features the two-way calling function which is the basic characteristic a phone watch must possess. Just like in a smartphone, kids can navigate to the ‘contacts’ menu and call the parents. SOS call feature is also available for emergency cases. Quality of communication is high and you need to purchase Micro SIM card separately for this watch.
A front camera which is rated at0.3 Megapixel can take photos in one touch. Although you would get a 128M SD card with the package but they can also be easily transferred to an external drive or laptop via USB data cable. The watch gives you the chance to capture the lovable moments of your kid’s childhood and then cherish those memories afterward. Also, the interactive abilities of a kid are enhanced when he shares those pictures with his friends and discuss the situations that were taken in. They can even save them in dedicated albums titled according to the events.
As for the on-board games, there are seven of them which includes ‘Basketball Shoot master’, ‘2048’ and ‘Ultimate racing’. Have them play these on the 1.54-inch touch-sensitive display screen in dedicated times so his/her study time doesn’t get hampered. Screen is rated at a resolution of 240*240 pixels which is quite acceptable.
In addition to it, you get a music player where external files can be downloaded and listened to in fun moments or as a learning measure. MP3 files of poems and stories can be transferred in the watch and your kids can listen to them while going to bed as a lullaby.
The in-built voice recorder can be used to record the poems your kid recites and observed if he has memorized them accurately or not; an exciting way of learning, no? They can undergo their daily tasks by viewing the reminders/alarm and get their mathematics on high charts owing to the calculator.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a GPS so you cannot track their real-time location but other than that, it is a fairly nice watch for you kid.
- 2G GSM SMARTWATCH: Our uniquely modern designed smartwatch with beautiful wrist watch straps has a 1.54-inch touch screen with IPS technology and a built- in enhanced antenna to provide higher 2 way voice communication clarity. Three smartwatch color options: blue, yellow and pink. The perfect gift of all occasions for any child/children. Great fit for children and students between the age of 3 to 13 years old. Designed for indoor and outdoor usage.
- TWO-WAY CALL and SOS: This game smartwatch can support 2G GSM network not support 3G or 4G. High voice quality is committed when your kids are talking with you. We only provide the watch without a SIM card included. Please PURCHASE one 2G Micro SIM card and activate basic CALLER-ID service from your local Cellphone provider. Speedtalk 2G SIM card which powered by T-Mobile is recommended for purchasing.It doesn't support LBS and GPS tracking feature
- FUNNY GAMES: Our smartwatch includes seven exciting games; "2048", "Basketball Shoot master", "Bee war", "Pinball hit bricks", "Car grab goods", "Mario eat gold", "Ultimate racing", it will help kids find and capture more interesting things beyond the real world. Your kids will love this feature.
- CAMERA and MUSIC PLAYER: (1). All photos taken by the smartwatch CAMERA are stored in the SD memory card and can easily be uploaded to your computer by using any Micro-USB cable (in power-Off mode). Photos stored in the smartwatch can also be viewed in Album. (2). Download mp3 audio files via Micro-USB cable (in power-Off mode) when using the MUSIC interface. Let your child enjoy the fun of music entertainment.
- Other useful features: (1). Time and date; (2). Alarm clock; (3). Album; (4). Record; (5). Calculator; (6). Multilingual support: English (default), French, Spanish, German, Italian. We commit to offer the best customer service and promise return refund policy if you're not satisfied with the products. Please contact us if you have any queries.
14. GreaSmart (Cell Phone Watch)
Wholesomeness seems to be injected into this product from all aspects. Be it the ease of use, affordability or availability of features, it seems to have been incorporated with all.
Available in 3 different colors, this lightweight smartwatch will prove to be a helpful partner for your kid. This is one of those watches which come with a free SIM card. Having a SIM card included in the package not only saves you money but eliminates the probability of buying an incompatible SIM. It is easy to set up and supports worldwide networks. It is fully furnished with two-way calling feature so parents all well aware of the situation of their children. You can add SOS numbers for emergency and contact with your kids via voice messages as well, for example, if you have to say “I am okay”, type it and send it and it will be received on your Mum’s phone as a voice note.
GPS monitoring is the other main feature that parents look at a kid’s phone watch. It is laden with a double positioning system that works on GPS and LBS technologies. While GPS is accurate for outdoor location tracking, LBS gives an error-free indoor location of your kid. Whether your child is out playing with his friends or gone to a nearby grocery store to get some eggs, you would know exactly where he/she is. There’s more: you can set a security area on the app and when the kid gets out of that area, you will receive an alarm on your phone.
That’s not it!
It contains an in-built camera that can take photos of their precious moments. They can easily transfer the photos to external devices and view them when families and friends get together. The IP68 water resistance rating allows the watch’s use in rain as well. There is even a flashlight that can be employed by kids in spy games or finding their belongings in dark. In addition, it is equipped with math games, reminder and a do not disturb mode. This mode, though, is helpful for the parents as they can turn off the functionality of the smartwatch during their kid’s study time; only the SOS feature will be active.
Editor’s Verdict On Best Kids SmartWatches
Among the 14 models that we have included in this list, each carries its own benefits and specific features. Some are integrated with precise GPS monitoring or phone call facility while others are more entertainment-friendly.
We have already specified the watches which we think are suitable for ages between 3 to 12 years.
If you are very particular about your kid and want to have a sharp eye on him, we recommend Enow Smartwatch for you whereas Pebble Time watch is advised if you are looking for a long-battery option.
If we talk specifically about phone watches then GreaSmart and Tick Talk 3 are the winner models. The first one contains a double position tracking system along with the option of 3 colors and the security alarm specifically won our hearts while the latter supports a 4G-enabled tracker which is 50% faster than its competitors alongside the basic functionality you want in a smartwatch. Its battery life is the only factor defying its potentially high chances of being purchased.
However, as concluding remarks, we would have to say that vTechKidizoom DX2 and TickTalk 3 are our overall winners as they offer a complete list of features required by both parents and the kids.
Other watches have their own benefits: some are very attractive and have a large number of in-built games while others are manufactured out of very soft material and have a bright display.
Whichever watch you choose, be sure that you read our buying guide before; this would make the job easier for you for selecting the best kids smartwatch.
Make your decision according to your need and your kid’s choice.
Kids Smartwatch Brands
It is a Hong-Kong based company which is one of the biggest manufacturers of learning products for kids. They have been working since their inauguration, with the aim to develop products lined with innovation, educational development, and high quality. The company have received many awards for their sensational efforts in the field and is credited with the introduction of 100 new products every year. This also includes smartwatches for kids. Vtech’s products are available in 25 different languages.
The company was founded in 2014 in California and work with the objective of providing reliable and secure methods of parents knowing how their kids are doing at any time throughout the day. Engineers from prestigious companies like SAMSUNG and Apple work at this platform to engineer competitive, up-to-date and comfortable wearables.
This Chennai-based electronic company is funded by NWSD and focuses on the integration of IoT, Smartphone development and Affordable connectivity to prepare long-lasting solutions. Their smartwatch, which is featured in this list is durable, feature-equipped and designed according to their potential customers.
Kids Smartwatch Buying Guide
A specific type of watch might be a treat for some kid but an eyesore for the other. There are many perimeters on which parents have to think before making this investment. Here are some.
1. Child Age:
Interests tend to age with age. A kid who is 4-6-year old will want to have a watch with animated graphics, glossy color, and loud ringtones while a much mature child of 10-12 years desires a smartwatch which is incorporated with fitness tracking features, is composed in terms of design and color and offer a responsive UI rather than a colorful one. Make sure you are looking for a suitable category while scrolling on the e-commerce platforms for your kids. Also, every kid is different and you would want to have a product which is better suited to his needs.
2. Charging Qualities:
It is utterly frustrating for a kid to see a “low battery” notification while he is cheerfully jumping on the activities of his smartwatch with friends. Therefore, the model you opt for should have a long battery life. Of course, if it’s less, your id wouldn’t wait for it to charge fully and over time, its functionality would deplete before turning totally futile. The nature of charging should also be a point-of-interest. Watches with a USB port are the most convenient to charge. Those that have magnetic stands or unique ports, would require both effort and care.
3. Parental Control:
That’s really significant. Every parent wants to have an eye on their children so they are not directed towards wrong paths. Access to technology is advisable but adhering to its negative effects needs to be avoided. Therefore, you should select the models which have some sort of parental control. It can be in the shape of on-activity hours whereby you stop the calling and video chat activity on your kid’s smartwatch while he is at school or it may be a notification system which alerts you if the kid goes too far from the house. To make sure they don’t use the watch at night, you can put a passcode at dedicated times. There are plenty of related features because manufacturers, too, have realized the importance of parental control on kids’ devices.
4. Type of Entertainment Activities:
While younger kids would want engrossing video games on their watches, kids above 10 would want some sort of fitness tracking instead. Many appreciate the camera feature which lets them take selfies, add funny filters to them and share them with their friends while others like to record themselves while they sing poems or songs and listen to them in their circle of friends. You know your parents better than anybody else, therefore, you must be aware of the type of predominant activities that should be in a smartwatch.
5. Look of the watch:
Again, that is closely related to personal choices. Generally, kids under the age of 8 like bright, vibrant gadgets immersed in colors like pink, green and blue with funky attachments like straps dissolved in the shape of a character or watch faces that depict their favorite cartoon characters. Older ones, on the other hand, wish for something which is a bit more sophisticated, clean and precise.
FAQs (Frequently Ask Questions)
1. What is the normal battery timing of a kids smartwatch?
Generally, the battery timing amount to 1-2 days on normal use. As a matter of fact, the more extensively a smartwatch is used, the faster will its battery run out of charge. If your kid is constantly playing games on the watch, taking pictures and recording his voice, it is destined to go dead even before a day. One educational aspect which you can teach to kids, owing to the charging capability, is to plug it in every night so they can learn to be responsible.
2. How to set up Wifi on the kid’s smartwatch?
There are no specific series of steps of doing so because every smartwatch has a unique User Interface. Generally, you tap on the “Settings” and go inside “Connectivity”. There will be a “Wifi” option there, tap on it and enter the identified network password after which your Wifi will be connected on the watch.
3. Are there any hidden costs of kids smartwatches?
The most prominent share of hidden costs will be that of the monthly bills for smartwatches that have sims in them. Kids smartwatch with a phone has a bill of calls and text messages that would be added in the phone bill of the parents. If data is operational on your kid’s smartwatch, it will yield even more rates. The other portion is that of replacement parts which include screen, strap or battery. Make sure that you purchase the model which have frequently available parts.
4. Will Wifi work without a SIM Card on a kids smartwatch?
No, Wifi connectivity is only supported in phones that have a SIM Card inserted in them. You can, however, use the smartwatch in its entertainment aspect without a SIM Card.
5. What to do if the watch falls in the water and doesn’t turn on?
If it is daytime, you are in luck. Quickly, turn the smartwatch backward after taking it out of the water, and place it where there is a lot of sunlight. Wait for about 2-3 hours before looking if the water in the screen has dried up and try turning it on. If that doesn’t work, put it in a container full of rice. Rice has the capability to absorb moisture and may work for you.
6. Do 2G/3G/4G kids smartwatches work everywhere?
There are specific ranges of bandwidth within which a specific SIM card would function. It is usually specified on the package or product details and must be looked into before purchasing that watch. These are the general ranges.
2G GSM: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800MHz, 1900 MHz
3G UMTS: Band 1/2/4/5/8
4G LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7
You can always contact the customer care office of the specific company to get details about the working frequencies.
7. How to insert and connect the SIM with the network?
The insertion method is different for every model and is scripted on the instruction manual. Generally, it involves removing the back cover or a side opening and inserting it in. As for working, each watch supports only a specific type of network and SIM size. For example, if the watch supports 2G network and a Micro-SIM, make sure that you purchase so otherwise there will be connection errors.
8. How does voice messaging work?
You will go in the Messaging menu and click on voice message where you will be prompted to record a message. Once done, the watch will inquire about the contact you want to send it to. Select the contact and click ‘send’.
9. What to do if the watch suddenly stops working after getting wet?
In the aforementioned case, quickly remove the watch from the water source and put it in sunlight facing backward. If there is no sunlight available, get some sand in a container and bury the watch in it after drying it properly. After every hour, check if the watch starts working. In case the issue remains, call the associated customer service center.
10. How to increase the battery life of the smartwatch?
We recommend to never charge the smartwatch to 100%. Rather, unplug it after it reaches 90% charging. This generally helps to keep the battery timing to an optimum level for a longer period of time.
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API