With the ever-growing hike in innovative technology, seldom does one sit aloof without any smartwatch especially teens. While these tiny tech gadgets provide assistance of all sorts, they’re a great way to ensure connectivity and accessibility for your loved ones.
Be it a laptop with Skype in it or a smartphone with WhatsApp and GPS, means of connection have gone a great way in achieving efficiency and ease of use. Another featured product in this list is the smartwatch. They are worn by kids, teenagers, and adults all for different purposes. So if you’re looking for the best teenager smartwatch then you landed on the correct place and if you’re interested in toddlers smartwatches then you can visit our separate post of best kids smartwatches.
So what is it?
What is a Smartwatch?
These are wrist-worn watches that have the ability to be used as smartphones; to send notifications, install and use Apps, manage media and ensure tracking.
More portable and compact than a smartphone with increased battery timing, this product has achieved massive success in the last two years.
Parents buy it for their kids for learning purposes and keeping track of them while teenagers purchase it for a number of reasons: as a partner for hiking and swimming, for a helper in their fitness routine or to be used as a more compact smartphone.
This article will present an extensive study of the best smartwatch for teens (boys & girls).
So, For the reader’s ease, we discussed below 7 different models for teenager smartwatch with pros and cons.
Best SmartWatches For Teenagers
Check out the collection of best smartwatch for teenage boys and girls.
- Best Smartwatch For Women
- Best Smartwatch For Text Messages
- Best Smartwatch For Android
- Best Smartwatch For Kids
1. Fitbit Versa Smartwatch (Best Smartwatches Under $200)
From here on, the discussed models will take the shape of a smartphone at your wrists. As the list of features increases, so does the cost.
- Health and Beauty
The first model is the ever-green FitBit’s Versa smartwatch. It is available in four different colors and comes with small and large bands while the size of the dial remains the same.
What is the first thing that you look in a smartwatch features list?
It’s the tracker!
So it has a brilliant tracker that measures the steps you have taken, your heartbeat, the calories you have consumed, your sleep time and the laps you have run or swam and what not. Hence, it covers almost your whole day and works on establishing a healthy routine.
For example, a low-calorie reading will alarm you on your underpowered diet, a high heart rate will motivate you to look out on the routine and the ran laps will help determine the gradient of your stamina and this all can be achieved with a 4-day battery timing. Need not to worry about the battery to track your activities!
The body is cast out of anodized aluminum so it makes it exceedingly lightweight and almost weightless to wear.
The App is fairly user-friendly and is supported by all smartphones. You can manage almost 15 exercise routines through the App and easily connect with the GPS of the phone to accommodate for more accurate location tracking.
The App, however, offers no aid to the night worker; the reminders for hours after midnight cannot be set on this watch which limits the range of the potential buyers.
You can receive phone calls, messages and other notifications of the phone. The Fitbit can be synced to the phone and you can access everything including sports and news channels on this watch. Besides much other cool features its swim-proof too.
But it has received a positive response from a major portion of buyers.
The pedometer also seems to work fine if positioned at a particular posture and degree of tightness which is pretty hard to execute. You can’t always keep your wrist in a particular posture after all.
Fitbit Versa is one of the best smartwatches under $200, as its price is just $185.
2. GARMIN Vivoactive 3 (Best Smartwatch With GPS)
As evident as it sounds from the name, it is as active in reality. With a battery that doesn’t lose its count for seven days is equipped with GPS. It is a sportsmen heaven especially if he is a runner.
- Garmin Pay contact less payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks) ,Display size 1.2 inches in diameter
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store
- More than 15 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more; Case material : Fiber reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover
- Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness made estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress (see garmin.com/ataccuracy); Memory/History: 7 timed activities, 14 days of activity tracking data
- Get connected features such as smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, LiveTrack and more when paired with a compatible smartphone;Strap material:Silicone
- Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 13 hours in GPS mode; Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart and ANT+
The precise tracker monitors the heartbeat, stress level steps accurately which is critical for your running practice. The teenagers who love their morning jogs or even professional runners who want the monitoring to be exact should certainly go for this smartwatch.
Not only this, but this watch also specializes in making contactless payments. Cash payments can be made through this smartwatch to the banks that have supported cards, just like you do with your phone. You need not worry now if you are in a bank without your credit card, all can be done through your wristwatch.
The watch can store up to 500 songs which can be synced with the headphones or hands-free to have a great listening experience while you are relaxing under the shining sun or running on cold mornings.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 also contains 15 preloaded sports apps like swimming, running, and yoga which can aid in your physical nourishment and easy access to the daily exercise routine. Of course, you can download more if you wish from the Connect IQ store.
It even contains a great meter; VO2 max that indicates your fitness levels and depicts how you handle the stress levels as your heart rate changes with activity and time. You can have a history for your 14 days of activities.
The GPS is pretty accurate although the battery timing does tend to decrease while it is on that is understandable. It can be easily connected with a smartphone and you can receive notifications like calls, messages, app alerts and more. Garmin Connect can also provide helpful alerts so you can update the watch for superior performance.
This version of Garmin smartwatch is available in only two colors but has many clock faces and on the side of it, the glass screen is durable but only 1.2’’ which is kind of small and sometimes frustrating to use. And one last thing, there are only 16 ‘slots’ or ‘destinations’, whatever you call it, for your downloaded or installed files, therefore, you have to be careful to what you put in the watch.
It’s recommended for the best GPS smartwatch under 300 as it comes at a price of $245.
3. Amazfit Bip (Smartwatch For Boys Under $100)
The screen is trans-reflective and the customers have confirmed that the display is evident even in bright sunlight as it contains five brightness levels.
- Look as Good as You Feel: With a range of colors and options, the Bip is designed to be worn as an extension of your personal style. Weighing only 1.1oz (32g), and with a bright, transflective always-on 1.28" display, the Bip can be worn all day
- Go the Distance: Use the Amazfit Bip for up to 30 days on a single 2.5-hour charge.
- Don't Miss a Beat: Optical heart rate monitoring and built-in GPS allow you to accurately track in real-time your steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and quality of sleep. Special sport modes (running, treadmill, cycling and walking) give you even more detailed insights into your most frequent activities.
- Be in the Know: The perfect companion to keep you organized and productive all day long. Receive one-way notifications for emails, SMS messages, and incoming phone calls (prompting you to take action on your smartphone), as well as alerts for Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Snap, Slack, weather forecasts, and other mobile apps
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Buy with confidence. Amazfit offers a 30-day refund policy, and 12-month new replacement warranty. 190mAh Li-Polymer Battery
Amazfit Bip Smartwatch is fashioned out of Gorilla Glass so can withstand scratches effectively. The LCD screen is touch-sensitive which brings you nearer to a standard smartphone experience on your wrist.
The battery timing is near to unrivaled, on a charge of 3 hours, this smartwatch can work for almost 30 days.
Whether it is hard-wired with monster capacitors or a killer BMS, this timing is superb and surely an attribute to crave for. Amazfit Bip contains a built-in GPS which is accurate.
Now, coming towards the inside of this gadget. It contains all the tracking capabilities that you can think off. A barometer to measure the pressure of the air around you; A heart rate sensor to measure your heartbeat and indicate if it is high or normal; an accelerometer and geomagnetic sensor to enhance the accuracy of your location tracking and positioning according to the global coordinates.
You can measure the sleep time, the distance you have traveled and the calories you have burnt as a result of the activity. It even contains special sports modes that can convince you to jog, cycle and walk.
It allows you to remain connected with the rest of the people and world news with its incredible features. You can receive messages, calls, notifications, and alerts for social media, weather forecast, and mobile apps.
Amazfit Bip is among the cheapest smartwatches for teenagers as its cost is just $80.
From more than 1300 reviews submitted by customers on Amazon, 53% of buyers gave it 5-star ratings and 17% rated Amazfit Bip as stars.
The biggest drawback of this watch is the unavailability of a music player. You need to have a smartphone or connected headphones/handsfree with you all the time to enjoy music.
4. Tip watch E Super Review (Best Android Wearable Smartwatch)
This watch is expensive than the previous model but is certainly a product to crave for. Offering you one of the best voice assistants at your wrists, this watch not only offers easy connectivity but personifies your personality.
- Android Wear 2.0. Get your favorite apps and watch faces. Request a car ride. Perfect your golf swing. Explore a new neighborhood. With thousands of Android Wear apps, there's no limit to what you can do with your Ticwatch E.
- Follow your fitness.Track walks, runs, rides, heart rate and strength training with Google Fit and your favorite fitness apps. Get coaching, measure your heart rate, and even stream music, right from your wrist.
- Your personal voice assistant. Meet Your Google Assistant. Bring Google Assistant to your wrist. Find answers and get things done even when your hands are full. Reply to a friend that you're running late, remind yourself to call mom, or ask for directions. Just hold the power button or say "Ok Google".Phone calls only compatible for android device now.
- If you meet abnormal battery capacity, like sudden drop or short battery life...; it is not the quality issue. Please charge the watch more 2hrs before you start to use it. And use the watch till battery empty and charge it up to full for 1-3cycles, the battery capacity indicator will be on right status.
- 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason, 12-month warranty for quality-related issues.
First of all, the stylish built and the second, the classy conversion of your vocals into the script in a jiffy! It is certified with US military standard 810 G so is a shock, water, and temperature resistant.
Tip watch E Super is swim-proof can be taken 50mbelow the water to monitor your swimming goals and performances, let alone spills and splashes. The non-slip buttons and the comfortable feel of the band make it an outstanding watch to be used outdoors.
As far as connectivity is concerned, it is near to great. The navigation system is integrated by GPS, Glonass, and Beidou that fashions out a supremely accurate location tracking scheme. There are six different sports modes that are very helpful for all the sportsmen out there.
The tracking is facilitated by Mobvoi’s AI algorithms and offer a diverse range of heartbeat counter, step counter, fitness schedule operator and TicWatch E2 which is your fitness companion. But the most enriching feature of this watch is the presence of Google Assistant.
You can find routes, nearby restaurant while cycling, reply to a friend while running through speaking and coordinate with your team members while performing everyday house jobs.
Even when your hands are occupied, you can still reply back through the voice assistant. Convenience and functionality both come onboard on this watch.
You can receive calls, notifications, messages, and alerts from Facebook, Tinder, WhatsApp, and other networking forums. It can play your music even if you are not connected with the phone if you know the suitable app to install.
It has a microphone but no speaker so the audio quality is not up to the mark.
5. Apple Watch Series 3 Review (The Best Apple Watch For Teenager)
This smartwatch received the highest number of the 5-star rating, probably because of the standard that Apple ensures in its products.
- Optical heart sensor
- Digital Crown
- S3 with dual-core processor
- Accelerometer and gyroscope
- Swim proof
Available in $279, it may look to have just the elementary features but the quality of the watch, coupled with the reliability is second to none.
The design is exquisite; a trademark of Apple’s smartwatches and comes with two band sizes for your wrists.
The stainless steel covering ensures it is not affected by temperature, dust or rust.
Apple watch series contains GPS and other tracking attributes. The heart sensor is optical which is more reliable. The Digital Crown allows the user to go to Home Screen, zoom and scroll without obstructing the display by pinching and swiping.
The water-resistant capability is great. If you start swimming, you can turn on the water lock feature manually and carry on with your water activities for as long as you wish. After you are done, the water ejection button is pressed and the water ejects out of the speakers giving a sound. Isn’t that cool! The watch can notify you for your updated streak records in swimming by consistently monitoring your performance.
The talk Siri feature is a great improvement from the previous model and can be argued in terms of performance with the Google Assistant of Ticwatch E.
The audio quality is very good as well. Moreover, you can track your fitness routine by setting alarms, reminders, and notifications. All the apps of the choice can be installed on Apple Series 3 smartwatch.
You can also sync it with your house’s security system and it would indicate you with an alarm and video footage if there has been trespassing.
The battery timing is nearly 2 days which is pretty good for a watch that does not specialize in this attribute.
The top feature of this watch is the speed, it runs very smoothly even when you have crammed it up with apps and music files. The waiting time is very less and you can respond to calls and notifications almost immediately.
The only limitation of this best apple watch for a teenager is that it’s compatible with an iPhone only. You cannot be connected to any other phone via this smartwatch.
6. DoSmarter Fitness Tracker (Best Cheap Smartwatch Under 50)
More of a fitness tracker but this model convinced us about its inclusion because of the specialized functionality it provides.
- 0.96 inch TFT color screen crystal clear display offers excellent HD image quality. Supports steps, calories burned and distance tracking; Heart Rate, notifications, clock and sedentary alert; camera control, countdown, wrist sense, connect mobile GPS to map the run path, etc
- Monitoring of heart rate using the latest optical sensors. Continuously tracking your BPM and BP throughout the day as well as during workouts
- Display message notifications like texts, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WhatApp in short vibrations and incoming calls in long vibrations. Without the fear of missing an important alert you could leave your phone in pocket
- Automatically detect your sleep at night time, analyze your sleep quality with deep sleep, light sleep, awake time, when you fall asleep and wake-up time. The silent vibration alarm can wake you up without disturbing others
- New design with USB plug at the end, just charge with any USB port (no cable needed). One full charge gives you up to 7 days of working time
Many teenagers are very conscious about their fitness and workout routine, may find this tracker to be just perfect for them.
Available in four colors and slim body design, this is assembled with almost every required fitness attribute.
It can measure the steps, the calories burned, the blood pressure, and the pulse rate by using the modern optical sensors.
It measures your BPM throughout the day and gives notifications regarding the health of your heart.
The inbuilt GPS helps you in tracking your routes or finding a nearby place of your interest.
DoSmarter watch also detects the sleep patterns accurately. It will notify you about the preset sleep time, the time you slept deeply and lightly and wake you up without disturbing others through its silent vibration alarm.
It can be charged with the help of USB and the battery timing is considerable 6-7 days.
For the first use and connection, touch the watch on the 1’’ screen and it will be detected as W8 device on your smartphone. You can play with the settings and add files of your wish.
These are some minor features but the main feature remains the fitness tracking quality. It gives an accurate measurement and readings especially the sleeping patterns are a unique feature.
Price of this smartwatch is very reasonable and comes under the category of best smartwatches under 50 dollars as its cost is only $46.
7. Smileyyi Zeblaze THOR 4 (Best Smartwatch With Camera)
This is another intelligently crafted smartwatch that is equipped with a 5 Megapixel camera. Make others baffled by takings pictures and videos from the watch. It helps to make trips and occasions even more entertaining and full of fun.
- 【Smart Device】Small but powerful, the multi-touch smart watch with Android 7.0 System,1 GB RAM + 16 GB ROM,5.0MP pixels camera,GPS.If put nano SIM card in the watch, it simply like a GSM Cell phone, you can make phone call directly from the smart watch,including answering and dial-up.
- 【Funny Watch】Engage in phone calls straight from your wrist.Play games, watch movies, and listen to music.
- 【Functions】The gps smart watch with camera has more functions,4G/3G/2G/Bluetooth Calling, GPS, WiFi, Weather, Phonebook, Alarm, Bluetooth, Browser, Calendar, Camera, E-book, MP3, MP4.
- 【Additional Features】Heart rate monitor,Pedometer, Call Reminder, Remote Music,Message Notification, Alarm, Remote Camera, Answer Call, Dial Call.It's convenient to carry a watch while outdoor exercising and travelling or fishing.
- 【Mulit Language】 English, Indonesian, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese(Portugal), Portuguese(Brazil), Vietnamese, Turkish, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Persia, Hindi, Bangladesh, Thai, Burmese, Korean, Japanese.
Smiley Zeblaze Thor 4 features Android 7.0 OS with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM. This massive storage capacity can easily be mistaken for a phone but no, it’s a watch!
Nano SIM can be inserted on the back and it can function as a GSM phone. Make direct calls and send text messages, whatever you like.
Thor 4 contains all standard smartphone functions which include phonebook, Wi-fi, GPS, Calendar, Bluetooth and media players.
You can play your favorite songs on it while running, jogging or working on the laptop. It’s not finished yet…
This smartwatch is a tracker as well and can measure your heartbeat and steps. With a good battery timing and several languages integration, it is a great product to try for your daily routine.
The languages include English, Indonesian, French, Spanish, Arabic, Italian and many more.
For a $165 watch that offers such high levels of connectivity and storage, teenagers can certainly take advantage of it.
It is not waterproof, however, which is a deal-breaker and might come as a shock for some people because, at this price, this attribute must have kicked in.
- Best Wireless Gaming Headsets
- Best Vlogging Camera 2019
- Cheap Gaming Laptops Under $500
- Best 17 Inch Laptops Under $1000
- Best Hoverboards For Kids
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API