A century before, people might have thought about computers to be the smallest gadget in the digital world but with the fast-paced technological development, the size of machines continued to decrease while the functionality enhanced. Today, we’re living in an era where one can have everything on their wrists.
Yeah, that’s right.
Even these gadgets can sense the internal body temperature, blood pressure, and heartbeat rate. Moreover, you can send and receive text messages and phone call too. We are talking about smartwatches which are compatible with android phones and there are so many models out in the market which make us respect many of the advantages it offers.
Before discussing in detail about the best smartwatches for Android phones, we will first tell you about some of the benefits of this revolutionary invention.
1. Smartwatch As Substitute For Your Smartphone
What if you are getting late for an interview and forget to take your phone with you. Your smartwatch will then guide you through the GPS about the location of the company’s office.
How big this relief is?
Not only this, it can prove as a substitute for your mobile phone in many cases like making a contactless payment, checking your daily step count and replying to a text message through smartwatch.
2. Brilliant Fitness Tracker
How often do you get a phone which is lined with considerable fitness tracking options under $200! Smartwatches are perfect for fitness monitoring and give everything from your breathing levels and calorie burn count to challenging in exercise routines with your friends. There are Apps and notifications that keep you determined for your daily runs, weekly swims, and other fitness regimes.
3. Reply In A Jiffy
You have to reach down for your pocket and take out a phone to answer a call while in case of a smartwatch, its right there in your face. Bring the hand near to your mouth and speak to the person on the other hand. Also, replying a text message through voice commands in both convenient, easy and fast.
4. Stay Connected
While you are engrossed in activities like office work, running, or exercising, its difficult to get a peek in your phone. Smartwatches will enable you to view notifications from social media platforms even while you are running on the track, such is the freedom of use these gadgets offer. Even while you are underwater, you can look at the messages you receive.
5. Equally Useful For Everyone
These digital wrist gadgets are equally useful for every age group including kids, teenagers, and adults.
Best Selling Android Smartwatches In 2019
Want to know about the best selling android smartwatches on Amazon? Here they are..
You Might Also Interested In:
Top 8 Best Smartwatches For Android Phones Reviews
|Fossil Men's Sport Heart Rate Metal and...||133 Reviews||$275.00 $149.00||Buy On Amazon|
|Samsung Galaxy Watch Active (40mm), Black -...||667 Reviews||$199.99 $179.00||Buy On Amazon|
|Withings Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch -...||457 Reviews||$179.95||Buy On Amazon|
|Garmin Forerunner 235, GPS Running Watch,...||1,562 Reviews||$329.99 $169.99||Buy On Amazon|
|Huawei Watch 2 Sport Smartwatch - Ceramic...||729 Reviews||$299.99 $269.99||Buy On Amazon|
|Ticwatch E2, Waterproof Smartwatch with 24...||576 Reviews||$159.99||Buy On Amazon|
|Michael Kors Access Sofie Touchscreen...||98 Reviews||Buy On Amazon|
|Ticwatch C2, Wear OS Smartwatch for Men with...||348 Reviews||$199.99||Buy On Amazon|
Let’s get on with the models.
1. Fossil Sport Gen 4 (The Best Smartwatch For Android Phone)
Fossil Sport inherits its design from a traditional-looking watch and implements it through modern Google’s operating system. In fact, it is one of the best watches available in the market with the said OS. Equipped with the cutting-edge Snapdragon wear 3100 processor, it provides for a much vibrant smartwatch experience, multiple operating modes, and an extended battery life.
With an aluminum body which is both lightweight and durable, it will prove to be a true companion for your fitness routines be it running, working out or swimming. The bottom button is preprogrammed to Google Fit and the top to its own software but that can be altered. The OLED screen resolution is 390×390 pixels which is sharp enough for a decent watch and comes with a bright display although it is hard to view in bright sunlight.
Fossil Sport has an internal memory of 4GB and a working RAM of 512MB which ensures that even multiple running of apps will not slow down the watch. But it is recommended that you don’t fill it up entirely because sooner or later, it will then go slow. It even contains NFC whereby you can make electronic payments by Google Pay.
If we talk about the primary reason for this watch’s manufacture, it’s the fitness aspect. Integrated with an accurate heartbeat counter and accelerometer, it will assist you in the majority of your exercise regimes which may include following a strict daily running plan, weekly cycling procedures, and day-to-day gym sessions.
Download fitness apps available on Google Store and link it with Fossil Sports to record your fitness records. In addition, you can use the “Sport Mode” which will activate the GPS and heart rate counter and the watch will still work for 15 hours. The battery timing can further be enhanced by using a low power mode when Gen 4 only operates as a normal watch.
As for the negative points, it doesn’t offer a lot of unique features and there were some complaints regarding the non-responsiveness of GPS.
- Smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built-in GPS for distance tracking; Swimproof design 5ATM; Google Assistant built in - it’s your own personal Google, always ready to help; Speed through checkout with your watch using Google Pay
- This is one smart watch - receive smartphone notifications and app alerts, manage your calendar, control your music, download third party apps (your favorite ride-sharing or music apps), and customize your watch face; touchscreen functionality, built-in fitness tracker, microphone, music storage & controls, custom goal & alarm settings, calendar alerts, multiple time zones, weather, LED flashlight, wireless syncing
- Estimated 24 hour battery life, based on usage plus 2 additional days in low-power mode; magnetic USB rapid charger included; charge up to 80% in under an hour
- This ultra-lightweight 43mm Sport smartwatch is up to 40% lighter than other models with an aluminum case and silicone band. It lets you track your heart rate, track your workout (even swimming), customize your dial and more. Case size: 43mm; Band size: 22mm; interchangeable with all Fossil 22mm bands; imported
- Strap Circumference: 200+/- 5mm. Stopwatch - track your laps and time races with stopwatch mode
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch (Best Selling Android Phone Compatible Smartwatch)
You won’t be disappointed in any regard with this watch; it’s a complete package with a good look, furnished with relevant features, lightweight and priced reasonably.
Galaxy Watch resembles a real watch with a circular dial and a metallic body. It has a rotating bezel which will help you navigate through the apps and two control buttons for even more control over the settings. The screen is 1.2 inches in size and carries an internal space of 4GB with a startling RAM size of 1.5GB which convincingly runs the apps without any lag.
In terms of connectivity, it is compatible with Android phones with Android 5.0 versions and above and iPhones operating on iOS 9 and later. As for the fitness regimes, it offers plenty with 39 monitorable exercises which include everything from running, swimming to leg curls and push-ups. One can easily switch between these activities and have a record of the stress level and breathing rates in between too.
Automatic tracking is useful in scenarios when you forget to turn them on manually and their accuracy is at par with the much-specific Fitbit Versa. There is a ‘Together’ feature in Samsung Health that connects you to a friend whom you can challenge and compete with despite him not having a similar watch. Sleep tracking is another benefit whereby you can rate the nature of your sleep: it measures it in terms of time in bed and distance traveled during sleep as a result of changing sides.
UI of Samsung Galaxy Watch is very exciting. It greets you after you take it off from the charging port and apps are shown along the border of the screen which looks engaging. Weather forecasts are represented through vibrant charts with accurate information about precipitation, sunlight, and wind. You can always play with the settings if you want to, arrange them according to your wish and place them anywhere you like on the screen.
You can sync it with your phone to play favorite music files and enjoy the hip hop during your daily workouts, cooking sessions or cleaning routines. But you won’t find Google Maps, WhatsApp and Messenger on it which is hard to believe. However, it is only 0.96 ounces so you will not feel anything while running, swimming or sleeping. The exterior shields everything inside and is tough to penetrate which makes it one of the toughest smartwatches. 24-hour battery life is convincing but not very great.
- Track your way to real results Automatically detects up to 6 exercises, while tracking up to 39 more, right from your wrist
- Resolve to rest better Helps you analyze your sleep patterns and encourages you to wind down to keep you refreshed and at your best; Compatible Devices Samsung Smartphone, Non Samsung Android Smartphone(Android OS 5.0 and above RAM 1.5GB and above), iOS 9.0 and above iPhone 5 and above
- Sends you real time alerts if ever detecting a high or low heart rate, so you can be more proactive about your heart health
- Expand your Galaxy Sync with your phone to stream your playlist, get notifications and more, right on your wrist
- Thin; Light; Durable A thin, lightweight and durable swim ready design comes in a variety of colors and interchangeable bands
- Lasts for days Go non stop with a long lasting battery that lasts for days on a single charge
3. Withings Nokia Steel HR Hybrid Smart Watch
“Hybrid” corresponds to the versatility this watch is lined with: a sophisticatedly designed watch which is fitted with sound fitness capabilities.
Manufactured with attention to detail and user-friendliness, it has a slim built than standard watches and smaller in size so that it can be worn comfortably. Also, it doesn’t give a clue of being a fitness tracker, unlike the Fitbit which gives away its specificity in function through its shape. You can choose between black, purple, red, white blue and grey silicon strap color depending on your choice.
The control button can not be turned but have to press each time an iteration in functionality is needed which may be a source of concern for some users because they want a dial rather than a pressable button to toggle through the menus.
Like normal smartwatches, it can count your steps and heartbeat accurately and even shows when does a specific activity like jogging is half done through the percentage calculator that is present just above the 6 o’clock mark.
The accuracy of the counter is analyzed to be high especially the step counter and heartbeat monitor and they start automatically so you don’t have to prompt it every time. It can also measure the time you spend while sleeping and the nature of the sleep through the calculation of heartbeat and the amount you moved.
Nokia HR Hybrid is fully compatible with Android iOS and Apple apps whoever its own personal health app is Withings Mate app which will depict the history, progress, and probability of your fitness tracks through graphs and alerts in case you are close to your goals.
Convincing feature of this watch is the 25-day battery timing which is far better than most of its competitors but this is only because it doesn’t offer many high-end features like others. The display of illuminated digital clock and date will prove helpful at night.
- Nokia Health is now Withings. Same products, same team, same commitment to your health. For more information, contact our support.
- HEART RATE MONITORING - Maximize your workouts with continuous heart rate and in-depth reporting plus daily and overnight HR.
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY - Up to 25 days battery life on one charge, plus 20 more days on power reserve mode (time & activity tracking only)
- 24/7 TRACKING: Automatically tracks walk, run, swim, and 30+ activities in workout mode. Connected GPS provides a map of your session with distance, elevation and pace and now enjoy Strava integration.
- WATER RESISTANT TO 50M - Steel HR is water-friendly - from automatic swim recognition to having no fear when you shower, go snorkeling, or get caught in the rain.
- SLEEP TRACKING - Wake to a Sleep Score based on light & deep sleep cycles, interruptions, depth & regularity. iOS compatibility (iOS 10 and higher)-iPhone 4S and more recent, iPod touch 5th generation and more recent, iPad 3rd generation and more recent
4. Garmin Forerunner 235 (Top Rated Smartwatch For Phone)
Along with being alluring to the eye, this smartwatch is furnished with tech-laden features that are sure to come in handy in many situations.
We start with the design initially. A circular 1.23 inches diameter dial is seemed lively with a vivid and bright display with five control buttons arranged along the circumference. A soft, silicone strap is soft to touch and also cuts on the probability of perspiration. Touch-sensitivity is non-existent which is a sort of deal breaker but there are capabilities that cover up for it.
Forerunner 235 is adorned with excellent fitness tracking qualities. The heart rate sensor gives a highly precise bpm rating and is at par with the Polar M430. It can show the history of the heartbeat for the past 7 days so you can remain up-to-date about your health. Another helpful indicator is the VO2 Mas reading which calculates the amount of oxygen taken in by the body.
The number of calories burned and steps taken are also measured through the execution of integrated accelerometer and pedometer.
Moreover, it generates notifications that work well for the fitness of the user where it will customize how the data is shown, provides training plans and workouts, and recommends improvements. You can view message notifications, calendar reminders, emails and can play synced audio files.
Garmin forerunner 235 can be easily connected with ConnectIQ that compiles the data and MyFitnessPal that shows your fitness records. There is even a feature whereby you can join the leaderboard of Garmin users so you can be passionate about beating them. You’ll also find an option of creating a training calendar from your phone and syncing it with the watch to view the progress.
Moreover, Garmin Forerunner 235 can smoothly be synced over Bluetooth and one can listen to his favorite songs while jogging in the minty-fresh mornings or sweating hard through his extensive gym sessions.
It has a battery life of a week which, given the features, it is incorporated with, quite impressive. Lack of a Wi-fi and inability to reply to text messages are some of the shortcomings of this otherwise great smartwatch.
- GPS Running Watch with Wrist based Heart Rate and display type is sunlight visible, transflective memory in pixel(MIP)
- Customize Your Watch and Your Training, Larger Screen a 44 percentage Larger Screen than the 225 but the Same Physical Size
- Audio Prompts Receive Audio Prompts from Your Connected Smartphone That Include Laps and Lap Times. Smartwatch Mode: Up to 9 days. GPS mode: Up to 11 hours
- Smart Notifications See Incoming Email, Text Messages, Call Alerts, Calendar Reminders and More from Your Compatible Smartphone.Display size:1.23 inch diameter
- Battery Life 11 Hours Training, 9 Days Watch, Activity Tracking, Notifications + Heart Rate. Refer user manual below
5. Huawei Watch 2 (Best Smartwatch For Phones – Editor’s Choice)
It’s exciting to believe you can have something smaller than an actual smartphone with the exact same capabilities and Huawei Watch 2 model is the signatory of that excitement. From sending text messages to viewing your running progress and listening to music, it has it all.
Ever seen sportsmen wear a large-dial, plastic-body watch which sticks fully with the wrist; its that sort of a shape with a ceramic bezel and a Gorilla Glass covering. The silicone strap, like the previous model, promotes grip and prevents perspiration.
Watch 2 is lit with fitness tracking. The button on the side takes the user to the Workout App within which the real threat lies. You can choose between the type of workout you are about to start like a jog, cardio or cycle and after the exercise, get a statistic reading of your performance. It can keep track of your previous exercises as well so that you can relate whether you have improved or fallen behind.
Huawei Watch 2 is fully compatible with all Google Play apps and you can download your most favorite fitness app from Runtastic, RunKeeper or Google Fit. You have the option of the warm-up run, run and cool down to select the prescribed type of activity. That’s for the extensive part. For simple tracking, it precisely measures your heart rate, steps moved and calories burned.
One can make contactless payments with it, help navigate paths using Google Maps and check for daily weather updates. It has a versatile procedure of replying to a text message where you can choose from preloaded messages, voice command, handwriting feature or keypad to type a message. The self-locking mode prompts you to enter a PIN each time it’s off from your wrist so in case it gets stolen, the thief cannot have access to the stuff inside it.
It runs on Android Wear 2.0 and that means you can directly download apps of your choice from the store. It has a 4GB space to store your audio files and apps. In addition to it, the 4G capability and nano SIM slot make sure that you can remain in contact with your loved ones even when there is no phone with you.
Huawei Watch 2 can also be connected harmlessly with any Android phone running on Android 4.3 update and higher and paired easily through Bluetooth. Compatibility with Apple phones has been reviewed to incur issues.
But you might feel frustrated some times due to the lag in the apps running on this watch. An easy solution is to keep some memory unfilled because if not, there are chances that you have to encounter a delay of seconds.
- Built-in GPS and continuous heart rate: monitor your heart rate and track your workout routes without your phone
- Scientific sleep tracking: HUAWEI TruSleep keeps track of light, deep and REM sleep stages to make your sleep truly restful
- Workout Coach: get real-time guidance and workout data such as recovery time and Vo2 Max. Bluetooth: 2.4 GHz Bluetooth 4.1 BLE + BR/EDR
- NFC and Google assistant: make payments and have a personal voice assistant from your wrist. More than 2 days’ usage* and get even longer battery life with Watch Mode in which the watch still counts your steps.
- Music and power: download and listen to music with Google Play Music on your watch. You can optimize power consumption settings to get the most out of your device
6. Ticwatch E2 (Cheapest Android Phones Smartwatch)
Slightly reserved on the range of features but very convenient with regards to the promised capabilities, this smartwatch is a budget-friendly option for all those who wish for a simple, not-so-accessorized smartwatch.
E2 has a large circular display screen of 1.39 inches with a ridged bezel and a control button on the right side. It may be a little heavier and larger for some people but that hasn’t seemed to incur serious issues among customers.
The silicone strap has two flaps to keep it in position and it responds well to moisture and sweat. It is fully compatible with the Google Play Store and Android phones.
The resolution is 400×400 pixels which are greater than the Fossil Sports model and an AMOLED screen which ensures the user has no problem visualizing it in the bright winter sunlight. Unlike some of the non-touch sensitive model, it provides a good touch sensitivity because using a single button to control all settings can be a bit frustrating. In addition, it is waterproof till 5 ATM so that you can track your underwater activities as well.
Ticwatch E2 features the Snapdragon Wear 2100 controller with a RAM of 512 MB and an internal space of 4GB. Together, they function supremely to run many of the apps, responsive fitness tracking, and connectivity schemes.
Touch sensitivity means you rely on swipes of your fingers more as swiping up with take you to notifications while swiping right lands you in the hands of Google Assistant. Unfortunately, it doesn’t contain NFC so you can not make contactless payments.
As for fitness tracking, it is pretty standard but accurate. There is an accelerometer, GPS and heart rate counter for monitoring your daily activities. You can keep track of your counts, make exercise patterns and follow them through alarms and notifications. It can be connected without any glitches, to Google Fit or TicWatch Exercise App.
There are many modes you can dive in to like cycling, freestyle and pool swim. The freestyle option is useful for your gym sessions where you must need to track your reps. There is a useful feature which locks the screen as you enter inside the water so that accidental touches can be avoided. Only when you press the power button to view your progress, does the display turn on.
The battery timing is not great and that’s the biggest disadvantage. Ticwatch promised a 2-day battery life but it hasn’t been the case. After using it for a month or so, life decreased to 1 day. The good thing is it doesn’t decrease any further though. However, battery-draining activities like GPS do deplete the battery faster.
- Full Function Wear OS Smartwatch - Google Play Store allows you to choose from a wide range of your favorite apps and to access them from your wrist, compatible with iPhone and Android phones.
- Get Connected at a Glance - Stay in the moment with smart ways to receive notifications and see who’s calling, without pulling out your phone. Google Assistant built-in.
- Swim-ready Water-resistant - Your swimming companion with up to 50 meter underwater waterproof (5 ATM).
- 24hr HRM and Build-in GPS - Workout without your phone. Google Fit and TicMotion make it easy to get motivated, stay balanced and track your health right from your wrist.
- Warranty policy: we and our engineer always stand behind our products and hope each customer could be 100% satisfied with our product. 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason, 12-month warranty for quality-related issues. If there is any issue about the watch, please do not worry and contact us via【firstname.lastname@example.org】or via Customer Service Hotline +1 888-830-9974 (Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00 EST)
7. Micheal Kors Access Sofie (Best Budget Android Smartwatch)
This model carries the look of a traditional watch with a circular metallic dial and a stainless steel strap but functions as a limited version of a smartwatch. It doesn’t have a GPS or heart rate monitor but can run health apps and your music.
The display has a resolution of 390×390 pixels and the screen is AMOLED with brightness strong enough to be viewable in sunlight. There is a single button that will do all the toggling but is 1.5 pounds heavy and you might not like to wear it while exercising.
It doesn’t offer in-depth fitness tracking but is lined with lightweight features. Google Fit is preinstalled in the watch and it can be employed to count your steps, the distance traveled and the calories burned in a day. With a water resistance rating of IP67, you shouldn’t worry about using it in rain; it would do just fine.
The watch is powered by Snapdragon Wear 2100 chip and has a storage of 4 GB so you can conveniently store your audio files, and other apps. It has its own app which will be used to connect with other Android phones. It is compatible with Android OS 44+ and iOS 93+. You may reply to text messages using the keypad, voice control or scribble effect, view important notifications and alarms, weather updates and call your contacts.
It lacks GPS, heart rate monitor, and NFC which limits its usage greatly. The watch is more of a fashion statement than a fitness smartwatch. You can wear it to parties, view smart notifications and answer to calls to look cool and up-to-date within communities.
It has the ability to link to iPhone as well but you would miss out on full notifications, however, it can be synced with Apple Calendar. The battery timing of Access Sofie is 24 hours and you wouldn’t mind it because provided the capabilities it offers, it won’t be used extensively.
8. TicWatch C2 (Best Android Phone Smartwatch For The Money In 2019)
Another TicWatch model in this list with a sleek look and helpful features; certainly, one to check out if you are eying at a casual fitness smartwatch.
There are two control buttons, with one for navigating through the menu and the other to trigger the apps. Like many other watches, it is powered by Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor but has a slightly lower resolution of 360 x 360 pixels however it still feels good to the eye.
It is fully compatible with Android and iOS devices while some features seem to get locked while using it with Apple phones. C2’s default fitness app is TicHealth app but the 2.2 update will give you the freedom to choose either this or Google Fit. It can effectually measure all the normal fitness metrics like steps taken, calories burned and the heart rate. You can add notifications and health alerts to remain engaged but there is nothing unique about this watch.
C2 has a battery life of about 32 hours, comes in multiple watch faces and is IP68 waterproof. It weighs only 0.6 pounds so you can wear it during all activities including running, sleeping and swimming. The reason for including this model is that it is a simple watch with a limited set of features but those are highly responsive and not prone to problems at all.
- Classic Design - Genuine leather straps paired with a stainless steel watch case accentuate a slim and classic watch design. Personalize your watch by choosing between hundred of watch faces and straps.
- Get Connected at a Glance - Download your favorite apps via Google Store and stay in the moment with smart ways to receive notifications and see who’s calling, without pulling out your phone. Google Assistant built-in.
- NFC Payment - Use Google Pay to purchase directly from your wrist at millions of places without fumbling around for your wallet.
- 24hr HRM and Build-in GPS - Workout without your phone. Google Fit and TicMotion make it easy to get motivated, stay balanced and track your health right from your wrist.
- Warranty policy: we and our engineer always stand behind our products and hope each customer could be 100% satisfied with our product. 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason, 12-month warranty for quality-related issues. If there is any issue about the watch, please do not worry and contact us via【email@example.com】or via Customer Service Hotline: +1 888-830-9974 (Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00 EST)
Final Verdict On The Best Smart Watches For Android Phones
We tried to cover most of the explicit specifications for the smart watches on the list of best smartwatches for Android Phones.
Now you have to understand that it is difficult to have all features in a single smartwatch and that too with no lag. But, since the point of consideration here was compatibility and connectivity with the android phone, therefore, we conclude this owing to that trait.
For us, Fossil Sport Gen 4 and Huawei Watch 2 are the potential winners and are the best smartwatches for phones. They can do almost everything that an Android Phone does. These models can be easily connected with android phones and synced with apps.
Galaxy Watch is a competitor as well but the lack of some features like Google Maps and WhatsApp have pushed it behind.
As for the other models, they carry some specific merits which are of great value for some people and thus could be purchased as well.