A good gaming laptop can do wonders for you if you have exquisite audio support with it. That’s when headsets join the party and provide for a wholesome marathon gaming session. The idea of Wireless Headsets, like every other wireless technology, came into existence after acknowledging the benefits it would offer.
It often happens that the headset’s wires get tangled when you move around during gaming or change your position. Sometimes, you don’t recognize that you are wearing them and get up quickly to damage the wires. The wireless solution provides ease to gamers and convenience in terms of usage. During recent times, these gadgets are receiving widespread popularity among the gaming community.
Things Need To Be Known About Best Wireless Gaming HeadSets
Unlike the wire headsets, these Bluetooth headphones have to be constantly charged. With the enhancement in technology, comes responsibility! If you are planning for a gaming night with your friends, you have to make sure that the headsets are fully charged.
If not, you are in trouble. Also, no matter how great the product is, the battery timing tends to get decrease over time and that is a fact you just have to embrace. Also, some people are apprehensive about the connectivity of these headsets.
With the boom in technology and growing steps towards convenient solutions, this fear must be kicked out of the mind. It might take a second or two longer than the wired ones of course, but not long enough to worry about.
Apart from Bluetooth, most of the good products use integrated connectivity schemes that are both speedy and reliable. You can quickly snatch a pack of chips or go to the bathroom for a quick piss without being disconnected.
Best Wireless Gaming Headsets 2019
We will be discussing some of the top 10 best wireless gaming headsets of 2019 in terms of audio quality, design, price, built, connectivity, reliability, comfort, and battery.
The descending serial numbers have nothing to do with the ranking of the products. Each one will be discussed with an impartial comparison perspective and the decision to buy the one that suits you the most will be yours.
1. Logitech G533 [Best Wireless Gaming Headset Under 100]
The first model that is discussed here is a sublime combination of stylish design, utility, and affordability. Logitech specializes in crafting headsets masterpieces and have given their customers several worthy products in the past and this is no different.
- Logitech G gaming headset for Windows 7 and later delivers the advanced audio performance normally found in high end audiophile headphones, Custom Sound Profiles settings require Logitech Gaming Software
- Patent pending Pro G drivers and DTS Headphone: X 7.1 Surround Sound accurately recreate the in game environmental effects and positional audio that game designers intended you to hear
- Pro grade wireless audio with advanced lossless digital audio transmission gives you incredible high fidelity sound and connection strength with up to 15 meters range
- High performance PC gaming headset made with the latest materials and manufacturing techniques is designed to be a durable yet lightweight headset you can wear for hours
- Rechargeable, replaceable battery with 15 hour battery life provides extended power you can rely on for non stop gaming sessions
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.11 or later
The foam around the ear cups and on the top accounts for a comfortable long gaming experience without feeling itchy after some time.
The problem with its previous edition was the sound of creaky joints which meant an unrefined built but not anymore. This model is durable and brawny. It contains only one G key that can be programmed according to how you like it. Then, there is the volume roller, a power switch and a USB port for charging.
Nothing more than what is essential! Some people might debate it is very simplified but others like simple. It doesn’t have RGB lighting which is sort of a mood killer. A gamer is customary of wearing headsets that emit blood red or blue light and this might come as a shock for them.
The Pro G drivers and X 7.1 Surround Sound system provide realistic gaming sounds which are critical on part of the users. It is a bit hollow, however. The static sound is minimal or more accurately, none of which is a huge plus.
You can play with the equalizer settings to obtain the quality of your liking but this model doesn’t contain excessive bass. The microphone contains a unique pop filter that ensures great vocal quality. It might not be at par with some of the high standard gamers but certainly not something that should complain about.
The lossless transmission technology provides for a connectivity range of almost 15 meters which is outstanding. You can listen to the music anywhere in the house or do some other activities while the new map is loading in Call of Duty 4 without worrying about the loss in signal.
The battery is another selling point for this model. It offers a battery timing of 15 hours and is largely appreciated among the customers. It is a PC headset but can be used in consoles without Surround Sound.
2. Steel Series Siberia 800 [Best Wireless Gaming Headset PC, PS4 & Xbox one]
If you want a single headset that has the capability to be connected to nearly any operating mean including PC, PS4, and Xbox, here is an incredible pick.
- Lag-free 24GHz wireless audio with up to 40ft/12m range and more than 20 hours of battery life For the Siberia 800, all settings can be changed via the OLED screen on the transmitter You can use the share port on the headset with the mobile cable (4pole 35mm) The headset should be turned off when using it this way
- OLED transmitter delivers complete audio control and charges included swappable headset batteries
- Dolby 71 Surround Sound on PC (stereo audio available on Mac, PS4, Xbox One, VR, Switch, and Mobile)
- On-ear convenient controls to adjust audio settings, volume and mute
- Memory foam ear cushions deliver long-lasting comfort
The design of the headset is simple and comfy. There is a thick cushioning on the ear pads and the top with an adjustable headband. It may appear tighter at first but your head will adapt to it after some time.
You can dance around the house without worrying about it to fall down; such is its holding power.
There are several cables that need to be connected from the transmitter for the initial setup. The menu and settings tab for each system is quite user-friendly and customizable but time-consuming. But once, the setup is complete, there is a seamless running experience afterward.
Customizable options on the headset include separate volume selections for music and games, level of volume that decreases during the chat and playing with the equalization settings.
A $230 headset promises exceptional audio quality and it delivers just that. The sound is crisp and clear for every game you play. The low and high tones are easily differentiated and sound just the way the game manufacturers intended to.
You can effectually chat with the partners without any static sound or the general “oomph” disturbing you. The Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound technology gives a real-life gaming sound experience. The multimedia performance is on par as well.
The balanced equalization settings are probably the optimal settings for any kind of music. Even a microphone is a master act. It sprouts out of the right side and gives off a red light when muted. The battery timing is about 20 hours which is greater than the Logitech G533.
3. ASTRO A50 [Best Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones For Travel]
This model costs just as much as the Siberia 800 but comes from a different company which means different experience. The designers and engineers seem to have invested some thought in the design because it has a unique built.
- Pro Audio Quality
- Superior Fit & Finish
- Precision Microphone
- 5GHz Wireless Technology
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 Surround Sound
- All current ASTRO Gaming products designed for Xbox One will offer continuous compatibility on future Xbox consoles
It comes with a dock which is a place when it is not in use. This charges the headset for your upcoming gaming clashes. The matte plastic built and the metallic side arms allow it to be adjusted vertically and horizontally both.
The ear pads can be rotated 90 degrees. The microphone is adjustable as well with a cool feature of lifting it all the way up to lock and mute it. However, some would like to remove the mic when not in use and not have it standing upright their head. The 40mm drivers accommodate for a supremely enriching audio quality that is able to pick up even the slightest of the sounds when playing games.
The Dolby Surround Sound adds the realistic touch and you can feel the missiles whizzing past you and the footsteps of the opponent approaching you. The virtual sound it provides is unrivaled.
The wireless transmission is about 30ft which is pretty impressive. The responsiveness is ideal too. You can feel the weight behind a dropped bomb and the softness of a low sound. Overall, it is a headset with exceptional audio quality but you have to pay a heavy cost for it.
4. Turtle Beach Stealth 450 [Best Wirelesss Gaming Headphone Under $100]
Affordability is a big factor for many buyers and this model will come across them as a fresh gale of wind. It covers all the basics with good effect along with being under $100.
- 100% Wireless - Experience crystal clear, interference-free game and chat audio with 100% wireless connectivity to PC.
- DTS Headphone:X 7.1 Surround Sound - Pinpoint the exact location of every sound with immersive 7.1 surround sound.
- Superhuman Hearing - Audio preset which provides the competitive advantage of hearing enemies before they come into view.
- DTS Surround Sound Modes & EQ Audio Presets - Personalize your audio preferences with a variety of EQ audio presets and sound modes.
- 15-Hour Battery Life - With up to 15-hours of gaming per charge, you'll always be ready to play.
The buttons and volume dial is situated on the back of the earpads where accessibility is not that fluent so buttons are not pressed by mistake.
The setup is probably the easiest among the aforementioned models. You just have to plug in the USB to the PC and direct it to connect to the headset before turning on the headset and voila, you are done. Installation of drivers or anything, simple and easy!
The cool feature is a separate volume dial for the microphone sound through which you can manage the sound of the mic. The availability of a boom mic is an added benefit by which you can measure your own sound as it pumps your own voice back through the speakers. Audio Quality is near to the expensive ones mentioned above.
The 7.1 Surround Sound delivers the exact location of every sound which is critical in mission shooting games like Call of Duty. There is a limited pool of presets but those, too, are effective and help to give accurate sounds.
The superhuman hearing technology allows you to hear the enemies prior to them appearing in front of you which give you a competitive advantage over the opponent. Whether you want to listen to music with high bass or the one which is crammed up with air puffed vocals, you can do it with this headset without any problem.
The charm of customization adds up to the utility chart of this model. EQ presets and various sound modes can be selected according to your requirement. It weighs only 0.68 pounds which can be considered weightless.
5. Logitech G930 [Wireless Workout Headphones]
A perfected model with minimal downsides, this is certain to fulfill most, if not all of your gaming needs. Stylish designed and elegantly accessorized, this headset is both visually attractive and usefully reliable. The black color with a smoothly lined microphone is very beautiful.
- Headphone Driver: 1.6-Inch (40 mm), Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz, Impedance: 32 Ohms, Sensitivity: 90dB SPL/mW
- Microphone Pickup pattern: Cardioid (Unidirectional), Type: Pressure Gradient Electret Condenser, Frequency response: 50-20KHz, Sensitivity: -40dBV/Pa re: 0dB = 1 Pa, 1KHz
- Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound, Seven discrete audio channels, SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8USB port
- Low-frequency effects (LFE) channel, Rapid-burst transmission
- Agile frequency, Noise-cancelling mic
- Rotate-to-mute mic, Battery: Up to 10 hours per charge
The ear pads can be swiveled and the microphones are omnidirectional. The programmable G keys are located on the left side which entertains tasks like a chat with friends or running music with one touch.
These can also be customized by Logitech Gaming Software to alter their functions. Other buttons include the power button, mute button and Surround Sound button. Although the microphone can be muted by placing it in an upright position it’s good to have another way of doing it.
The ear pads are very comfortable and can be used without pain for long hours. Its performance parameters are great. The wireless range is about 40ft which is greater than the ASTRO A50 and has a noise cancellation scheme in the Mic so you can talk without being distracted from the surrounding sounds. The connection is lag free and reliable.
The sound is strong and crisp but the level picks up when the 7.1 Surround Sound is turned on. It takes you in a world of real-time scenario and adrenaline shoots up when you hear even the slightest of the noise like opponent reaching towards you with soft feet or a blast far away from your location.
The setup time is also very less and not complicated at all: Simply connect the headset with the computer and locate it.
After that, turn it on and view the status on the screen. The equalizer settings can be customized although the basic ones are nearly perfect. On the demerits side, the sound scrape of this headset is a bit flat but that goes unnoticed until you are an audiophile. It misses some of the highs and lows in a song but that isn’t problematic for most.
6. Razer Man’o War [Adjustable Noise Cancelling Headphones]
This model is one of the best ones out there in the market. Fashioned out of matte black plastic, it is a design which is chic and ultra-wide.
- LAG FREE 2.4 GHZ WIRELESS USB ADAPTER: 12+2 Meter range capability
- LARGE 50 MM DRIVERS: High fidelity gaming grade audio
- UNIDIRECTIONAL DIGITAL BOOM MICROPHONE: Optimized for more natural sounds and crystal clear voice reproduction
- QUICK ACTION CONTROLS: Adjust mic, volume levels, and mute without fumbling with onscreen controls
- POWERED BY RAZER CHROMA: Explore countless lighting options with 16.8 million customizable color options
The adjustable headband is designed to fit the head of any size and the puffy leather padding on the ear pads accounts for a highly contented gaming experience.
Not once, you’ll feel any signs of head-gripping force or pressure on the ears, The sleekly curved posture of this headset will make you look like a pro during gaming. However, when not on the head, it would appear to be fragile.
There comes a rattling plastic noise when they have moved around or when the ear pads are swiveled. The microphone is impressive as it is bendable and features a volume dial whereby you can measure whether you are too loud for your partners or too soft. It cuts background noise effectively and has a LED band that illuminates with red color when it is muted.
There is RGB lighting on the sides of the ear pads too and you can flash them whenever you like. The audio quality is great too. The 50 mm drivers and the customizable options make it a versatile choice. In the standard mode, it’s a low-bass gadget but get into the EQ to explore countless options.
You can play around with the bass, the echo, and the highs to ensure the sound quality of your choice. The Surround Sound is equal to the G930 in performance which is awesome as this model is highly inexpensive.
Another cool feature is the Razer synapse that is configuration software allowing you to customize the lights or the sound setting and store them on cloud automatically.
The battery timing is greater than both G930 and ASTRO A50 and it weighs just 0.85 pounds which is close to the Logitech G533. As a whole, it is an outstanding headset which is well in range despite its fragile built.
7. Skullcandy PLYR 1 [Affordable Wireless Headphones]
This model may not come from big monsters of the market but is genuinely a treat for the gamers. Along with being handsomely crafted, this allows supreme audio quality and an extended battery timing; a complete package, if you ask us.
- SUPREME SOUND - Proprietary Supreme Sound technology delivers powerful bass and precision highs
- DOLBY DIGITAL PLIIX 7 1 + GMX DOBLY - The wireless transmitter with a built in headset stand delivers performance audio for your Xbox 360, PS3 or PC Customize mix of game, audio and voice
- EQ3 EQUILIZER MODES - Sound equalization settings for games, music and movies Precision Mode, Supreme Mode, and Bass Mode
- PIVOTING BOOM MIC - Adjustable mic position flips up for instant muting
- COMPATABILITY -Compatible with Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and PC as well as most mobile phones, tablets and MP3 players WIRED HEADSET - Not just for games, get more from your music with enhanced audio and attacking bass
What makes it even catchier is the affordability. It only costs $65 which is lower than most of the wireless options out there. The design seems to be inspired by the military because it is characterized by sturdy built and sharp elements.
The ear pads also contain the company’s logo with a lined design that is stunning to the eye. The uniqueness in the design might earn you a unique place in the gaming society of yours as well.
The boom Mic can be adjusted to 90o and contain the noise cancellation effect. Assisted memory foam and ear cushions, the ear pads are very comfortable to the ears even for long hours of fierce gaming.
The Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound is pretty effective in delivering the sounds from their correct locations and delivers the highs and lows precisely. It accounts for real-life gaming experience and one can feel himself in the arena for once for sure. The sonic fidelity of the headset earns you a competitive advantage over the opponent because you can hear them approach from any direction.
The 2.4 GHz spectrum makes certain that the connectivity is lag-free and free of interference. The EQ switch is 3 position and can be used to select Bass, Supreme and Precision modes with each offering unique sound qualities. Precision mode assists in shooting scenarios, the supreme mode in music and the bass mode in racing games.
The downsides that we managed to find out were the brittle plastic that makes it prone to breaks and its heavyweight. It weighs around 2 pounds which is the heaviest than all the models listed before. Other than that, it is an exquisite purchase.
8. ASUS Rog Strix Headset [Best Cheap Wireless Headphones For Running]
It ear pads of this model resembles owl’s eyes which is its defining feature. Unlike the many matte black models, this one includes a jet orange color which is quite different for the gamers but is splendidly blended with black and the ear pads are orange too.
- Low-latency 2.4 GHz wireless connection with dual-antenna design to minimize interference. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Connects wirelessly to PC & PlayStation 4 and includes 3.5 mm adapter Xbox One, older consoles and mobile devices
- 900 mAh battery delivers up to 10 hours of continuous operation
- Fully-adjustable detachable microphone with ASUS Flexion rubber molding technology reliably stays in position
- 7.1 virtual surround with full audio control in Sonic Studio software and convenient on-headset volume/mute/power buttons
The Mic offers crisp sound and is detachable which is a good move because this feature was absent in most of the above-mentioned models.
The equalizer settings are easy to control and you even have the luxury to adjust levels after activating Surround Sound. It can be set to balance, front-panned and rear-panned.
If you are worried about your enemy sneaking from behind, you can enable rear-panned and switch to balanced other than that.
It can be connected to PC, X box and PS4 but the software cannot be used with the consoles. The sound quality is facilitated by 40mm, 30mm and 20mm drivers and connectivity by 2.4 GHz spectrum. The bass is a shade bit mighty for normal use, especially when listening to music.
One annoying feature is the non-availability of volume dial and buttons instead so you have to bare the click while changing the volume. It comes with a rest pad that can also charge it and be a place when it is not in use.
9. SteelSeries Arctic 7 [Best Over Ear Headphones For Bass]
This is the second headset of SteelSeries in this list. The oval-shaped ear pads and the aluminum frame brings out the elegance in the design. The ear pads can swivel 90o and it is as comfortable as the Razer Man’o War.
- Lag-free 2.4 GHz wireless audio with up to 40ft/12m range and more than 24-hour battery life. Exclusive ClearCast mic delivers studio-quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Headphone sensitivity: 98 db. S1 speaker drivers and DTS Headphone:X 7.1 surround sound on PC (stereo audio available on Mac, PS4, Xbox One, VR, Switch, and Mobile). Headphone Sensitivity- 98 db. Headphone Impedance- 32 Ohm. Microphone Sensitivity- -38 db. Microphone Impedance- 2200 Ohm
- Arctis headsets feature athletics-inspired performance fabric AirWeave ear cushions and a ski goggle suspension headband for lasting comfort
- Microphone sensitivity-48 db, microphone impedance: 2200 Ohm. Arctis 7 is PC Gamer's "Best Wireless Gaming Headset of 2017"
- Headphone frequency response is 20 to 20000 hertz. Microphone frequency response is 100 to 10,000 hertz. Headphone volume control is on ear cup. Chatmix and surround sound are not available on ps4
The ear weave air cushions of the ear pad make you forget you are wearing anything and keep you cool and dry.
The headband is adjustable but is small for some large heads. The mic contains a red LED which lights up when muted but it is not detachable.
It is equipped with necessary noise cancellation algorithms and high-quality voice clarity. On each side of the headset, are placed the dials and buttons to connect and customize the settings. The volume dial is very soft and you would often find yourself messing up with the volume.
The headset features S1 audio driver which is credited to provide the noise-free and accurate sound of games and music. The complications of tones and the intricate highs and lows are well managed by this river. The immersible 7.1 Surround Sound makes playing game even more fun as you can feel the emotions behind every job.
Be it the force behind an arrow or the buzzing of head after a bomb blast nearby, it all comes straight to you. Alongside, this model is regarded as the provider of most natural sound effects. You can edit the settings from the Steel Series software.
It offers a connectivity range of 40 ft which is greater than the ASTRO A50 and equal to the Logitech G930. It is however, very PC focused because the Surround Sound doesn’t function on PS4 and many attributes of the microphone and equalizer settings get tangled up when connected to the play station.
It comes in two colors and masters itself in providing a comprehensive battery timing of 24 hours which is the greatest among all the enlisted products.
10. CORSAIR HS70 [Best Wireless Headphones For Guitar Under $100]
A highly affordable option which gives you all the capabilities you desire for these products: good design, comfort, high audio quality and reasonably priced price. Available for only $82, it is a splendid crafter earpieces.
- Plush Memory foam and adjustable earcups provide exceptional comfort for hours of gameplay
- Legendary Corsair build quality and metal construction ensures long-term durability
- Precision tuned 50mm Neodymium speaker drivers bring superior sound quality with wide range and accuracy
- Low-latency, 2.4GHz wireless Audio with improved range up to 40ft and up to 16 hours of battery life
- Optimized unidirectional Microphone reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality and is fully detachable for use on-the-go.o. Headphone frequency response 20Hz - 20 kHz
- Microphone is removable and can be found under the box
The amount of brittle plastic used is minimal, the connectors are strong and the plush foam ear pads are highly comfy. The buttons are easy to reach and control but not “soo” easy that you mistakenly mess with them.
The audio quality doesn’t disappoint too. Powers by the 50mm neodymium drivers, it delivers a supreme sound quality that is both customizable and accurate.
The EQ settings UI is highly user-friendly but the Surround Sound effect is the weak link. It is just so flat that is even noticeable when you turn it on. The microphone is well established and can be removed which provides ease to the user.
This epically useful headset could have been priced for much higher and not lose its utility but the company has used the inexpensiveness as another selling point. Apart from the lack of swivel-able ear pads and weak Surround Sound, this is a brilliant take and with a weight of only 0.7 pounds, it’s just something gamers can’t deny buying.
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API