Are you wondering whether it is possible to find a used zero turn mower for sale on Craigslist? Many people sell their used zero turn lawn mowers on Craigslist every day. If you are looking in the right places and searching at in right time, you can find a used zero turn lawn mower for sale on Craigslist.
Buying a new zero turn mower is very expensive, whether it’s residential or commercial, as its price ranges from $2k to $10k and above. Therefore, a lot of people look for used zero turn mowers, which are available on craigslist.
How to Use Craigslist to Find the Right Used Zero Turn Mowers for Your Business?
To find a used zero turn mower for sale on Craigslist, you need to follow these tips:
1. Choose the correct search phrase or keyword that best describes your search
When you want to find a used zero turn mower in a specific area, type “used lawnmowers” or “lawnmowers for sale” will do the job. However, if you want to buy a particular brand of equipment, like John Deere, Cub Cadet Zero Turn Mowers, etc., use specific keywords of brands like – john deere 42 garden tractor (or) cub cadet ZTR 46 zero turn riding mower. You can also add additional words such as “used”, “second hand”, and “for sale”.
2. Choose the Zip code in which you want to search for zero turn mowers for sale
You can also use your city name instead of zip code, but in some cases, it may bring up too many results from surrounding cities or towns. It will be better if you enter a zip code that is close to your location as possible.
3. Set the maximum price range from $500-$3000
Even though there are used zero turn mowers for sale on Craigslist free listings and those who are selling them at very low prices, set the maximum price range at $1K – $3K, so you will get a variety of choices to choose from while filtering out junk items (junk items DO happen). Type “zero turn mowers for sale” in the search box on your local Craigslist, and you’ll get thousands of results.
However, here are some questions that you should ask before buying a used zero turn mower for sale.
1. Does it have oil in the engine?
2. How is its transmission condition (gear shifter, hand lever)?
3. Is there a reverse gear?
4. Are the tires new or need to be replaced soon?
5. Has anyone rides on this machine very often (daily basis)? If yes, then why they wanted to sell it? Also, don’t forget to ask if they still have proof of maintenance done by their service provider (repair shop). We recommend asking about maintenance issues first as it is one of the most important things to know before buying any used lawnmowers.
6. Does the body has cracks and corrosion? If yes, then why they wanted to sell this zero turn mower for sale as is? Don’t forget to ask for proof of maintenance report and service history from previous owners or sellers. We need to figure out if there are any hidden problems with that machine.
7. Are they selling an entire package (mower+bagger) or just a bare machine? Make sure you’re getting everything in the package because some of them will try to trick you into selling only parts instead of an entire package (all items included). This means that even though you may get a good deal on those parts, you will have to spend even more money later on for missing items.
8. How long has the seller owned this machine?
9. Are there any other equipment included in the package? If yes, then what kind of equipment are they, and are they still in working condition? (If it is a bagger, you should make sure that it is a good one).
10. Is it an actual owner or someone who had purchased a used zero turn mower but didn’t use it at all because they can’t handle it anymore? Also, find out if the previous owners were using gas or diesel fuel for this lawnmower. You probably don’t want to buy a machine that was not maintained properly as those machines may not last long.
Best Used Zero Turn Mower For Sale Craiglist Alternatives
Craigslist is a valuable resource to find used Zero Turn Mowers for sale. Some of the reasons are that it’s free to post an ad, has a wide reach, and has many potential buyers.
But finding used zero turn lawn mowers for sale on Craigslist can be challenging. You might not find the suitable options, or you could get scammed and lose your money.
There has to be an easier way.
eBay, offerup, and Amazon are the best alternatives to Craigslist to buy used zero turn lawn mowers for sale. These sites offer millions of new, refurbished, and used items at affordable prices with shipping in most areas of America.
If you’re looking for low budget riding mowers, then check these used riding lawn mowers for sale under $500.